Notices

Mixing springs..

Old 02-10-2005, 05:19 AM
Accord 4U2 NV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mixing springs..

Right now, my car has Eibach Pro Kit springs and Tokico gas shocks.. sitting on 18s.. i was hoping the front would settle down more but it seems like it's as low as it will get. I was wondering, would it be smart to use Eibach Sportline springs in the front and leave the Pro - Kits springs in the rear so the front will settle down a lil more.. anyone done this before? if so, any pics?? am i looking at any potential problems?
Old 02-10-2005, 05:34 AM
JL95AccorD

You have any pics of that? I have a 5th gen and been thinking of the same setup. I have 18s also. How low did the front come down? I was thinking that the sportline would bring it too low and might end up rubbing or something. What gen do you have? How long did you give the springs to break it? Please post pics if possible. I want to re-do my suspension soon and have been looking at that setup as a possibilty, rather that going for coilover sleeves, but I wanna make sure it would work and give the wanted height.
Old 02-10-2005, 05:37 AM
JL95AccorD

PS. Why not go sportline all around?

I don't see why mixing springs that way would not work, but the front shocks will die a lot faster I would guess from the additional inch drop from the sportlines compared to the prokit.
Old 02-10-2005, 08:12 AM
Intrepid241

I too have wondered this. I have the Eibach Prokit on all four corners with KYB shocks on 17"s. I'd like the front to be a little lower, since the prokit gave me 1.5" all around.
Old 02-10-2005, 11:54 AM
JL95AccorD

I have 18s wrapped in 225/40. I have no idea how low the prokit, or sportline would bring me. I would rather put shocks and springs, rather than coilover sleeves (real coilvers are too expensive.) But without knowing how low those springs will take me, and if I would rub or not, i dont want to risk it.
Old 02-10-2005, 12:58 PM
DBHONDA

mixing springs is ok, even though not same springs, and even though not same height, but dont you wanna cut it? or coilovers? just wondering...
Old 02-10-2005, 01:07 PM
JL95AccorD

No, definately do not cut springs. Thats the cheap way to do it, and causes bouncing. I will do coilover sleeves if I cant find out how the prokit or sportlines will make my car sit with the size of my wheels. But if I can get lowering springs it will be a nicer ride than the coilover sleeves.
Old 02-10-2005, 01:11 PM
DBHONDA

one way of checking if it its going to rub or not, per say your checking the rear/left side, lift the front/right side so the opposite side will drop but be careful lifting it cause the opposite side MIGHT rub!
Old 02-11-2005, 04:21 AM
Accord 4U2 NV

here are pics of the car..

I love the way the rear sits.. it's perfect, however from factory, the front fender gap has always been more then the rear so doing a 1.5" overall drop is going to leave the front with a lot more fender gap then the rear.

The prokits give a 1.5" drop and on the Sportsline, they give a 2" drop..

The reason i don't want to do Sportsline all around is 'cause the rear will drop too low and the wheels will take it.. camber issues and blah blah

Cutting springs is a no no.. only teenage ricers do that shit.

Coilovers is a lil more then i want to invest in a car i am not going to keep for long.

I am just curious as to how low of a drop the sportsline will give.. i don't want the car to feel unbalanced with the front lower then the rear.

I have 225/40 rubber as well.. I don't think i will rub however.. there is still alot of room for play.
Old 02-11-2005, 04:37 AM
JL95AccorD

Damn, the prokit does leave it too high. I wonder if it's the same on the 5th gen though. Your front definately needs to come down more, fron the looks of it the sportlines would bring it down much nicer. It's a little hard to tell with the shiny clean black tires against the wheel well though how much room exactly you have. Hopefully more people will answer to this thread, because I plan on purchasing suspension today before leaving work.