Notices

need opinions

Old 02-09-2005, 02:48 PM
bxsnypa
STOCK EJ8 noob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need opinions

i wanna paint the vynle (check spelling) on the dash, doors and rear speaker covers. What type of paint should i use and how the hell do i take the rear speaker covers off of a 98 civic ex . i also need to figure out how to stop that thing from vibrating when musica is loud
Old 02-09-2005, 08:46 PM
Special K

Hey, your best bet for painting your dash and panels is this stuff put out by Krylon paints. I don't recall the exact product name right now, but it's made specificly for Vinyl and plastics. I did my dash and panels about a year and a half ago, and it still looks good.

The rear speakers in the back tray are harder. You'll have to remove your back seats, pull out the tabs holding the rear interior panels in place using a pair of needlenose pliers (I found these worked best). Pull out both panels. With the rear tray, your best bet is to push up gently on the plastic tabs that secure the Tray with the metal that your 6 x 9 speakers are mounted to, also remove the 3rd brake light bulb. Lift the rear tray upward. (If anything doesn't make sense, check out the diagrams in the 96-00 Shop Manual).

If you just want the Grills out, get a small screwdriver and pry around the grill seams. Keep in mind that these aren't ment to come out and you're actually breaking the bond between the Grills and the Tray, you might also brake the grill doing it. Just take your time doing it

As for getting rid of rattling, check out products like Dynamat and Brown Bread. Both work quite well, depending on how much you use. Check out http://www.B-Quiet.com

Happy Painting.
Old 02-10-2005, 04:51 AM
bxsnypa
STOCK EJ8 noob

i had a feeling that it snaps out, ok ty for the info, hopefully this summer it wont take forever to snap that sucker out