Notices

Hotwires?!

Old 02-08-2005, 12:03 PM
JL95AccorD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hotwires?!

Ok, so I searched the threads for Hotwires, and came up pretty much just as I started.... blank. I purchased a new module, and coil for my 95, and I spoke with nology twice on the phone, and both times they asked if I already had hotwires. What is the deal with these wires???? For 180 bucks, and each wire having a ground on it... WTF?
Do they actually matter. The Nology guys say that these wires make more of a difference than changing coil and module. Anyone have actual numbers as to what these things do???? I was thinking about them, but 180 is steap, and I want numbers, and to hear from people that have used them. A Wire that needs to be grounded must be holding a good punch when it fires up the plug. So whats going on with this? Not much info on these on HAN.

WHATS THE VERDICT ON HOTWIRES?????
Old 02-08-2005, 12:20 PM
2kAccord

They basically have a capacitor system built in so that you get a "better" spark every time. IMO not worth the money. For most applications OEM wires are just fine. If you want to upgrade I would get a set of MSD 8.5MM Wires for about $100 less than the Hotwires.
Old 02-08-2005, 12:34 PM
JL95AccorD

There's also 10mm for not that much more than those 8.5 though. I want to see if anyone has numbers to show how the hotwires work, or dont work in their cars.