Notices

short shifter install?

Old 08-23-2002, 11:05 AM
kleankord

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default short shifter install?

Just bought a 6th gen short shifter adapter from ebay... didn't come with instructions... not even sure if complete... does anyone know how to install? has anyone ever done before?
Old 08-23-2002, 11:12 AM
Nelson
Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It should come with just the shifter, and bearings... that's all... it's pretty straight forward, I've never done it, but I think you take off the shift linakge (where shifter is) and that's it.
- SOLD
EG Ferio - SOLD

FA Ferio - Returned
www.NelsonLee.net

Old 08-23-2002, 09:53 PM
kleankord

alright well i just fuked around with it and figured out for myself.. but i thought i'd impart some of my new found information on my fellow 6th gen manual trannys...

first of all, it's fuking easy, don't unscrew a damn thing... i went around unscrewing the base bc that's what i had to do when installing my friend's prelude. fuk that. just start yanking out pieaces start with the cupholders....

just take apart the 'shift linkage' like was stated and basically slap that hoe on. the way it's designed is to raise the bar connecting to the tranny higher, therefore less of a throw.

now that I'm done, i'm thinking about cutting the stick shorter... should be simple enough found some detailed instructions along with pictures on some prelude site.

it's an ok mod... helps with response time... at first can't feel difference when just sitting there in your garage... take it for a spin and you'll notice the difference .. however it's nothing comparred to how the RSXs and Celicas come stock... damn that ish MaD nice...
Old 08-23-2002, 09:57 PM
kleankord

oh yes also.. i would just like to say, if you DO choose to perform this mod i do not recommend the foo on ebay 'x3racing' or some shiet... although theirs is cheapest available on ebay, the have horrible response and customer service. several emails were sent debating whether or not money was sent... money was sent 5 min after auction closed via paypal so... ALSO they RAPE you on the shipping.. they charge you 10 dollars to ship I'm like ok, maybe 8 and they rounding up nice package or some shiet... it's not... it's an envelope that cost $1.38 to ship pieces come in a ziplock bag... no instructions... bottom line, buy somewhere else
Old 08-25-2002, 05:48 AM
bulwinkle

hey klean,

how much did you pay for the shifter after shipping? i got mine from nopi and it came out to close to 90 bucks. i dont think it was woth it though. i felt a little difference when i first put it in but now ive gotten used to it and the throws still feel kinda long compared to my old 91 300zx turbo.
Old 08-25-2002, 11:43 AM
kleankord

after shipping around 30... good price but I was pissed they sent in shietty shipping like ENVELOPE that only cost them 1.38... i guess it's better then paying 50 for the DC sports... you're right about not feeling it after a while... it's only been 2 days and i've gotten used to it... problem shiftering from 3 to 4 tho.. slips into 2nd... also when in 5th or reverse scrapes against inner plastic.. i guess i'm just waiting for it to scrap into a groove like my friend did in his lude...