Notices

help guys i hope u can help

Old 02-07-2005, 07:08 PM
strykernyc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default help guys i hope u can help

i recently change my radiator with a brand new genuine one.
k here is my problem just happen mins ago.
after driving like 2-3 hrs the temp needle it is showing that the car is overheating so i pull over and check the antifreeze and oil and is all good so i let it cool down then drove away, a few mins later it got hot again so i pull over and waited and now i go back n the local road and the heat/ac does not turn on, no air at all and the green and yellow light that tells u if u getting air from outside or keeping it inside it does not light up but i guess is not supposed to light on if the air is not turning on. I am so clueless righ now, the car is overheating and i can get any type of air inside.
the only thing i have done which i did today is replace the cable/hose that goes from the pcv. if that cable i replace is bad and no air is passing thru i still dont see how is that problem related to the overheating of the engine and the air inside not working. i install the radiator perfect and havent had any problem until today when i change that cable. i drove for like over 6hrs on sat and i change the radiator on friday so i think that has nothing to do with it. what is the funtion of the thermostat?
also the fan stay on after i turn car off since the engine is too h0t, none of this things ever happen to me.
Old 02-07-2005, 09:11 PM
JdmDC5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

did u bleed your cooling sytem?
Old 02-07-2005, 09:28 PM
hype8912
Dr. Klaw

You've got an air bubble in the coolant system. There is usually a bleed air valve on top of the thermostat housing.
Old 02-08-2005, 04:46 AM
JL95AccorD

Bleed the system, check the fan plugs, check the fan relay, your auxilary fan switch might be bad. That would cause the fan not to turn on, and to turn on after you turn off the car. I had the same problem a couple of weeks after I replaced the radiator in my 95, and it turned out to be the switch.
Old 02-08-2005, 04:50 AM
JL95AccorD

The thermostat is just a "valve" that will open at a certain temperature to allow the coolant to start circulating through the engine. I changed mine also when I first encountered the problem, but the solution was not found until I changed the switch.
Old 02-08-2005, 07:15 AM
2kAccord

Sounds like the thermostat to me. Its not opening letting the coolant circulate. Go buy a new thermostat and gasket and try that. There usually around $20-$30. That should fix it.
Old 02-08-2005, 08:28 PM
motoguy128

Like mentioned above... I'd guess fan switch or air bubble.

Probably not the thermostat because it's not likely to get damaged or disconnected when you replace teh radiator. The other 2 causes are.

To bleed the cooling system.... remove the radiator cap (when the engine is cool). Start the engine and let it get up ot nearly full operating temperature (thermostate opens) rev the engine to 5-10 seconds at a time or until you stop seeing bubble come up. Add coolant as needed to top it off when your done.
Old 02-08-2005, 11:56 PM
strykernyc

hey guys thanks for ur replies. here is an update. i did most of the things u guys suggested and righ now i got stuck n one problem. i found a bad fuse so i replace it and everything was good for like an hr and i though i had fix the problem since everything started working fine and the car wouldnt overheat, it was perfect until the fuse blew out again and lucky i had one with me at the time so i just replace it and try to make it back home or anywhere but where i was n the city. the fuse blew once again within seconds so i end up towing the car to the nearest shop and have them look at it i was already late for work. i am going to pick it up today evening i hope is all good. i feel like getting a new car righ now because everytime i get something fix 20 ofther diff things go bad. this sucks for me becuase my car work better with a bad radiator than now heh. thanks again guys. oh btw when i was driving the car mins before overheating i hard and felt loud knocks under the car n front? whats that? new engine for me? i was so frustrated
Old 02-09-2005, 03:45 AM
anj

Better be really careful when you are overheating. If you drive too long when it is hot you may crack your head(s). I have cracked one before, thinking that I could make it home if I drove slow enough . The result was a cracked head and $$ to replace it.

Good luck.
Old 02-09-2005, 07:17 AM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Originally Posted by anj
Better be really careful when you are overheating. If you drive too long when it is hot you may crack your head(s). I have cracked one before, thinking that I could make it home if I drove slow enough . The result was a cracked head and $$ to replace it.

Good luck.
doesnt sound like the engine is overheating, just sounds as if the instruments are
sucks that it blew up on you, if your car is overheating, at least turn on the heat (esp if it's an old car)