Notices

Air Conditioner And Heater

Old 02-07-2005, 10:31 AM
MORRISSEY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air Conditioner And Heater

I Have A 96 Accord Ex And My Air Conditioner Does Not Blow Cold Air And My Heater Does Not Blow Any Hot Air At All, Just Air. Does Anyone Else Have This Problem. What Could The Problem Be, I Know That Ac Might Have Leaks, Can Be The Compressor, But Why Wont The Heater Work And Blow Hot Air.
Old 02-07-2005, 01:59 PM
SmutWanter
"Made to Please"

Thermostat maybe
Old 02-07-2005, 06:58 PM
strykernyc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

omg my thing die too right now. no air at all no ac no h0t air nothing at all it wont even turn on and the gree and yellow light dont even light on when u turn the air on. n other words the thingin is not turning on brrrrrrrrrr is cold inside my car, i hope someone can help.
Old 02-07-2005, 07:34 PM
motoguy128

Originally Posted by strykernyc
omg my thing die too right now. no air at all no ac no h0t air nothing at all it wont even turn on and the gree and yellow light dont even light on when u turn the air on. n other words the thingin is not turning on brrrrrrrrrr is cold inside my car, i hope someone can help.
No power whatsoever usually = no electricity. CHeck the fuses. Mayeb jsut yoru blower fan has failed. Also on newer cars, the vent selector is electronically actuated. The valve ot pass coolant into the heating core may also be electronic.

BOTTOM LINE... CHECK YOUR FUSES FIRST!
Old 02-14-2005, 07:47 PM
strykernyc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i am hoping this is useful to someone now or n the future.
I just got the car back and since i had similar problems to MORRISSEY here.
this is the list of things that i had to replace. fan relays , Ac clutch Relay and
three relay connectors and 4 fuse and also one o2 sensor was disconnect so check engine light was on heh. they did a cooling system diagnosis which includes, pressure test for leaks and inspect all belts and test radiator.. also they check the ignition and the emission control systems using analyzer, they also reinstall the radiator. basically before the car was fix nothing work, car would overheat ac/fan wouldnt blow air or even come on and when it did it would blow a fuse everytime, turning signals stop working and when turning headlights on it would do a different command like the hazard light would come on. oh btw the car also felt like it wanna to brake apart and turns out to be the right front tired was lose i really feel lucky i towed the car, i wonder what happens if u driving at a wheel comes off heh. parts plus all the diagnosis came out to $229 and labor was $160, 6days without my accord. having my accord back priceless