In need of a little flare

Old 02-06-2005, 02:59 AM
Scott Free
93 accord falcon 17's

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In need of a little flare

Help me spruce
Greetings,
Recently, I've been able to pick-up an 93 Accord lx for a song. I really dont know how I was able to exist w/o one. Since saving a bundle, I am investing into the ride she is definately a sweet machine. While addressing preventative maintenance I am also beginning to give her some of the extras. one at a time. Im in need of a little guidence as to what order I should proceed in the matter. I have the first things ive done (besides tune and lube)
is rims. I've gone from 14's to 17's w/falcons. Ive had her for a few mo.s prior and became used to the handling now i feel evrything in the road. would adjusting the springs or the shocks help? or be better? Also in what order would one proceed with the engine. cool air intake? ? ? not a big intrnal car person but i intend to learn. My aim is for a low pro performance package(since the popo and i dont like one another) Budget lets me do things one at a time.Thanks for any asst.

Last edited by Scott Free; 02-06-2005 at 03:05 AM. Reason: spell
Old 02-07-2005, 05:14 AM
JL95AccorD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Definately make sure that all maintanance is up to date BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE. After that, keep going with suspension. You got better wheels on it already. Now go for drop. If you don't want to go to low, and you on a budget and cant go for coilovers, get eibach prokit springs and some good shocks.
As for engine. cold air intake, cat back exhaust, better wires, better plugs, upgrade the coil. Headers might not be needed, depends how far you plan on taking the engine. Make sure all your sensors are in good shape. Picking up a service manual will tell you how to check your sensors. A sensor that is on it's way to go bad might make the car run different. Also look into giving the engine a good clean. read this thread.

https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/s...d.php?t=175118

It will definately make a difference. Plus it's only about 4 bucks for a bottle, and about 1.50 for some cheap plugs. If the o2 sensor has never been changed before, this cleaning might finish killing it though, so prepare for that.