Notices

Scammer Alert: Dstein

Old 02-05-2005, 06:37 AM
llxzxll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scammer Alert: Dstein

Dstein is a scammer. He scammed me out of $1600 with his friends "Arjun Dhillon" and Jarred Thomes...I believe this "david stein" is actually arjun dhillon of supposedly "Arjunsii Automotive." Do not...I repeat..Do NOT sell or buy from this guy. I believe they are located in Oshkosh, Wisconsin, but won't find out for sure until my cousin subpoenaes their records and address from paypal.

they use the following e-mails:

davidstein00@yahoo.com
arjunsiiautomotive@hotmail.com
Old 02-05-2005, 09:17 AM
Mikol

Thanks for looking out, sorry for your lose. That sucks...what did you buy from them.
Old 02-05-2005, 09:40 AM
prelood

Yeah man sorry- glad to know, yeah Im interested to know what you got off him, some nice rims, turbo, front clip or what
Old 02-05-2005, 11:34 AM
nizmugen

Daym that sucks. He was selling some motor swaps. Almost bought one from him.
Old 02-05-2005, 12:14 PM
llxzxll

yep. was buying a motor swap. I KNOW YOU READ THE CLASSIFIEDS! GIVE ME BACK MY MONEY!!!

Well, if I don't get my money, this guy is going to be in a load of trouble because not only is my cousin a lawyer who has the power to subpoena all records including his address from Paypal, but I also contacted the NASTC (association of small trucking companies) who he supposedly used and fraudently infringed their copyrighted logo on their fake invoice, as well as an address of another shipping company whos owner also contacted me via phone. I'm hopefully going to get this guy into a civil lawsuit and getting my money back, and push these guys to do some federal damage on the copyright infringment.
Old 02-05-2005, 03:17 PM
vang

I was going to buy a motor from him but ended up not to. I'm from wisconsin and wanted to get a motor from him and do a local pick up but for some reason he wanted the money first. So i said screw it and didnt bother buying. He also told me he lived in chicago and went to school in madison wisconsin. Wierd that you say he's from oshkosh now....
Old 02-05-2005, 03:40 PM
llxzxll

oh really? interesting. as soon as i get the info off of paypal through a subpoena, i will forward you the address.
Old 02-05-2005, 03:41 PM
bluetwo
Relevance is irrelevant

Punish him! Scammers should have thier internet privalages revoked. On top of whatever other charges they get.

EF you scammer!
Old 02-05-2005, 04:01 PM
dstein

llxzxll: Your an idiot.

This guy made a payment and then contacted paypal less than a week later complaining that he hasnt gotten the engine yet, so there was a hold placed on the money and now nothing can be done until it is investigated. If you came to me first i would have just refunded your payment, now you will get it refunded but its going to be whenever paypal feels like taking the hold off the money.

And Vang: I told you repeatedly that I was not going to drive anywhere with the engine, you wanted me to meet you half way and I said no. I told you if you wanted to come pick it up that would be great and I never got a response. Also of course I wanted the money when you came and got it... what did you want me to do hand you the engine with no records of the exchange and hope you send me a check later?

As soon as the money is taken off of a hold you will be refunded. Next time why dont you just contact the seller when you are concerned and things will go a lot easier. If I was a dick I would just keep your money and wouldnt have cancelled the freight shipping. Ask your lawyer cousins about how legally binding even a casual deal made through the internet is. Also ask him what is a legally reasonably time period to wait before shipment. Three days to wait for your e-check to clear *LIKE PAYPAL RECCOMENDS* is not unreasonable.

If anyone is concerned with my legitimacy please contact me and as soon as the paypal hold is off I will forward the email verifying that a refund has been sent. I would suggest to anyone selling anything here that you gauge the maturity of the buyer so you dont end up getting dicked around like this.
Old 02-05-2005, 04:08 PM
dstein

Also: Anyone has the power to subpeona records, but like I said you will be refunded and I dont think any judge would give you my address so you can have your buddies from a car forum come to my house to "pay me a visit". But hey, i dont mind either way, I told everyone that they are welcome to email me if they would like to know when Paul gets his money refunded, and any trespassers looking to 'pay me a visit' on my property will be met with the bad end of a twelve gauge shotgun.