Notices

Help!!!

Old 02-04-2005, 07:15 PM
Esco5710

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!!!

First things first, I wanna thank the people that helped me out before without questions on how take off the bumper, take apart the headlight assemblies and change the color of the housing but I've come accross a little problem... I have my original honda driver side headlight set and ready to put in but my left headlight that is aftermarket and I recently took off the car has a yellowish tint to it and I can't seem to take it out.. The honda light since I haven't used it, is fairly new and nice and clear.. I tried using bleach just for the f*ck of it- didn't work.. Went to Walmart and Lowes to see what they suggested.. At first they said to try 2000 grit sandpaper and them polish it but the people at Lowes said it would the scrage it and didn't advise to do it... So that brings me here writing this.. So, any help is veryh much appreciated.. I wanna put them lights back in tomorrow but not like how they are now...
Old 02-05-2005, 02:38 AM
BONE

Im not understanding your question clearly did you mess up the lights you painted.
Old 02-05-2005, 08:19 AM
Esco5710

Sorry man.. Not I didn't mess them up.. They actually came out real nice.. The clear lens cover for the assembly is what turned yellowish b/c of the sun and bulb. I went to a couple of different places and they've all said I won't be able to get that out and would need to buy a new light... I'm desparately trying to avoid buying a new one.
Old 02-07-2005, 02:36 AM
BONE

Did this happen to both lights or just one, you should never put bleach on plastic to try to clean it. You will definately need to purchase a new light.
Old 02-07-2005, 05:32 AM
JL95AccorD

Theres product they sell to clean headlights. Try a local auto part store. Or you can alyways try the honda dealer. I know I have seen stuff about cleaning headlights there, but I don't remember if they were selling the product, or the service. Either way, I know the products exist for that. Hopefully you have a buffing machine also to help with the cleaning. The product is basically a polish. Some compound and a buffer might do the trick also if you have any laying around.

Bone. He is saying that one of his headlights is new and the other one, being old, has a yellowish tint.
Old 02-07-2005, 09:22 AM
Esco5710

Thanks fellas but I think I'm just going to get a new one.. I went to different places and they all pretty much said it's useless.. 1 option like you said JL, is a buffer which I don't have and try to buff it out. I already but the light back on the car until I get a new one.. I had no choice since I can't drive the car with out headlights... I'm just looking to get a good deal on 1? I need the passenger side for a 99 accord sedan.. Know anyone selling 1?