Notices

Help!!! 94 Honda Accord LX question...

Old 02-04-2005, 12:00 PM
o3gttiburon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!!! 94 Honda Accord LX question...

Hello all,

I realize I'm a newbie here but I have a question related to my sister's 94 Honda Accord LX. Her car has recently had a timing belt failure and I was wondering what the most inexpensive motor swap to do on her car would be. From what I understand there are bent valves, so an entire engine rebuild would be neccessary and so a shop has told her it would take 1,100 dollars to fix!!! I know that I could do the work myself and just fix the head for rather inexpensively, but I was wondering if there was a "better" motor that could easily be swapped in her car that would be about the same cost has just buying a whole new engine. Her car is an auto, btw.

Please help, she only has two payments left on this car and it will be hers, and people should keep in mind that I have good mechanical skills and I have friends who have dealt with Honda's, so throw me out some ideas!!!

Thanks,
Vince.
Old 02-04-2005, 12:39 PM
o3gttiburon

Thanks guys!!! I really do appreciate your help!!!
Old 02-04-2005, 01:27 PM
as_merrill
aka FlamedAccord

Vince,

If you can DIY, go buy a honda maintenance guide from pep boys or where they sell them and follow that. Also, you can buy the Honda Certified Mechanics book from Honda for around $100, it has all the ins and outs of your sister's car. If not, you can buy 30,000 mile engines from japan for fairly cheap (like around $600). I have no idea how you can get one in your area, but it is something to look into, Good Luck.

Andrew
Old 02-05-2005, 01:16 AM
o3gttiburon

Well now I just found out that my parents have decided to have the shop fix the car. Oh well...lol. Thanks for the help and advice dude. I am Honda illerterate.

However, I do know that Type S motor swaps in base model RSX's are kick ass...lol. Especially when you have s2000 valve springs and a redline that's like 8,900. I got my ASS handed to me a few months ago by one, but he had like EVERY bolt on on God's green earth on his car...

Later,
Vince.
Old 02-05-2005, 03:23 AM
bonestock

could have picked up another F-series short block for like $200-300.

or a jdm f22b dohc for $600-800.