Notices

t4 or t3 turbo on 93 ex b16A2 2gen

Old 02-03-2005, 05:34 PM
carfreak10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default t4 or t3 turbo on 93 ex b16A2 2gen

what would be the best turbo for the b16a2, a T3 or T4, or is there even a difference?, i mean would i notice, and does anyone know where i can find some cheap kits on the net????? besides ebay, but if there on there, still hollar at me
Old 02-03-2005, 06:19 PM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Best turbo depends on your goals, build, and type of driving you will be doing.

You can put any turbo on it.. depends on what all you are doing and want. More info required.
Old 02-03-2005, 08:41 PM
Josh M

Depends what u want to do..........my roomate has a ball bearing T57 T3/T4.........it spools at around 4000rpm..........for some people that would be too laggy but I think it feels nice. What do u plan on doing with the car?
Old 02-03-2005, 08:55 PM
alphaxxn
4500rpm hesitation

out of curiosity sentrix is your roomy running a B16A2?

If so is it built? I am curious just because I am contemplating the idea of a turbo...
Old 02-04-2005, 04:56 PM
carfreak10

Originally Posted by westcoaststyle
Best turbo depends on your goals, build, and type of driving you will be doing.

You can put any turbo on it.. depends on what all you are doing and want. More info required.

i have a 93 ex with the stock motor in it. im getting a b16a2 with full swap. tranny, ecu, harness, shift linkage, ect. i will drive my car the way i would normally drive it. to school, work , and cruz. i put about 300-500 miles on it a week. i do alot of driving. i dont beat my cars though, i baby them and make sure there running to the best ability. my civic now has 150k and it runs like a champ. so my overall plan is to buy the motor swap and then the turbo, but i will put all of it in at once. my qestion is?, what would be the best turbo for a JDM b16a2 when i have explaned my driving habbits?, what kinda turbo would be to much for my motor to handel and what, (in your opinion) would be the best turbo or turbo kit for my swap?
Old 02-04-2005, 05:06 PM
carfreak10

Default GOALS, yes? no? hell yeah!!!?

Originally Posted by carfreak10
i have a 93 ex with the stock motor in it. im getting a b16a2 with full swap. tranny, ecu, harness, shift linkage, ect. i will drive my car the way i would normally drive it. to school, work , and cruz. i put about 300-500 miles on it a week. i do alot of driving. i dont beat my cars though, i baby them and make sure there running to the best ability. my civic now has 150k and it runs like a champ. so my overall plan is to buy the motor swap and then the turbo, but i will put all of it in at once. my qestion is?, what would be the best turbo for a JDM b16a2 when i have explaned my driving habbits?, what kinda turbo would be to much for my motor to handel and what, (in your opinion) would be the best turbo or turbo kit for my swap?
oh yeah sorry, my goals of this whole swap is to have a true street import that will just rape a Z28 or 5.0 mustang

i think i would be abel to if i did the swap and turbo, because the b16a2 has about 160 hp, and a turbo maybe wil add about 100-120hp, depending on bost. so either way im atleast pumping out 260hp out a civic. now i dont know everything but i think thats a close guess to my total hp after my swap. and if im wrong, everyone feel free to correct me :blue:
Old 02-04-2005, 06:41 PM
Snoopy
been there done that

you also have to think about your suspension and how you plan to get that power to the ground.
Old 02-05-2005, 07:31 PM
Redcivic
One of the original OG's

I run a Turbonetics T3 on a SIRII B16A at 15psi on 93 octane and I can rape most f bodies and stangs all day long. But you will likely only be beating lightly modded f bodies running 13's (which is what you would be running at 12-15psi with decent traction). I know guys with Trans Am's and Z28's running mid 12's with only a couple grand in mods. I am built (crower rods, cams, SRP Slugs, APR hardware, etc) and could easily push the limit up to 20 psi but im not as brave as I used to be so I stay pretty mild with my coupe since I need it to last a while in order to finish other projects I have. I have a custom kit but I did have the greddy SI kit for a while on my first B16A and it was not to my liking power wise. It was a nicely put together kit if you are a novice though. I would look for a kit that can be upgraded. A decent custom kit with intercooler will run you about $3,500.00.