Notices

Need info on suspension.

Old 01-30-2005, 09:36 AM
racerdave
USAF C-17 Crewchief

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need info on suspension.

Ok, I have 2 questions:

1. If I got a set of 16" TSW Blades without tires for free from a friend, they were off of an old jetta. One of them has a big curb mark/dent (no metal is gone). My question is, can I bondo the dent and paint them black without having problems? I was told I could, and since the wheels are free..... I just wanted to know if it will affect the balance? But then I was thinking it shouldnt affect the balance if it is balanced properly with the correct amount of weight, and since the dent is not that big. I just wanted everyones info on that. The tires that are going to be on it are Kumho ECSTA ASX.

2. I want to buy the Eibach spring kit, but I am not sure which one to buy. Some places online sell both kits (proline and sportline)for the same price ($216.33). I am puting 16" wheels on my car with 205 40's on them. And upgrading my shocks to TOKICO Illumina's. So what kit would everyone recomend for best look/ride quality/handling.
Proline kit lowers my car aprox: F-1.4 R-1.2
Sportline kit lowers aprox: F-1.6 R-1.6
Old 01-30-2005, 10:04 AM
CivicSiRacer
Honorary Moderator Alumni

1. I would just buy one new wheel then. If the dent or crack is bad enough the tire will not hold air PLUS if you hit another pothole or bump you could loose the tire off the rim - is it worth it?

Also the tire size you want is not the right size for your car. You would want 205/45x16" to keep your speedo and odometer accurate. Going to a 205/40x16" would make your speedo look faster than you are actually going (if I remember right). I had 215/40x16" and my friend was going 80mph and my speedo indicated 95mph.

2. You don't want the Proline kit. It hardly looks like a drop. I had it on my 00 Civic back in 2000 and it wasn't much. Go for the Sportline kit. Here's a pic with ProLine:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
CivicSi.jpg (37.4 KB, 82 views)
CivicSib.jpg (55.6 KB, 80 views)
080800e.jpg (53.2 KB, 76 views)
CivicKoseiK1.jpg (73.1 KB, 78 views)

Last edited by CivicSiRacer; 01-30-2005 at 10:08 AM.
Old 01-30-2005, 10:31 AM
racerdave
USAF C-17 Crewchief

Hey thanks for the input. The wheel that has the dent, has had a tire on it and been driven on for over a month, been in the snow, and off road, and no problems.

I cant find any TSW Blades for sale, do they even sell them in 16" anymore? If they do could somone please link me to them?

I will go with the Sportline Kit.

Thanks
Old 01-30-2005, 01:59 PM
CivicSiRacer

Originally Posted by racerdave
Hey thanks for the input. The wheel that has the dent, has had a tire on it and been driven on for over a month, been in the snow, and off road, and no problems.

I cant find any TSW Blades for sale, do they even sell them in 16" anymore? If they do could somone please link me to them?

I will go with the Sportline Kit.

Thanks
Check Ebay?
Old 01-30-2005, 06:20 PM
racerdave
USAF C-17 Crewchief

No way am I buying wheels off of ebay, the point was to get one new one... I will just fix it and leave it at that.

Thanks again for the info about the springs.
Old 01-30-2005, 07:29 PM
CivicSiRacer

Do as you will. I'd rather buy a TSW Blade off Ebay than ride on a bent/damaged rim.
Old 02-04-2005, 02:43 PM
racerdave
USAF C-17 Crewchief

The TSW's that are on ebay are fake, I have not been able to find one for under 200$ that is in beter conditon than the one I have that was curb'd.

It has a tire on it, and has been driven all through winter, in snow, and all sorts of bad roads and weather, im just gonna put in on the rear, and be fine with that...

Other then that, I bought 2 rear shocks, next week I am geting the springs, and then in 2 weeks ill have the front 2 shocks, and then I can install everything. Wish me luck!