Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

Engine Problem? Long Story

Old 01-13-2005, 09:39 PM
blueboi69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Problem? Long Story

I Have A 98 Prelude Sh, I Having Engine Problem With It Stalling. The Problem Is That My Engine Stalls Right After It Stops. If You Hold On The Gas Pedal The Engine Wont Shut Off. I Had Problem Where My Engine Over Heated A 2 Time But Since I Replaced The Thermostat It Didnt Overheated Again. Had A Misfire On #3,#4. I Checked My Spark Plug And Had Dark Fuel Smell . Which Is A Rich Burning. My Car Blows Little Bit Of White Smoke Out Of The Exhaust. I Replaced The Dist. Cap, Rotor, Spark Plug And Wires, Injectors, Fuel Filter. I Cleaned My Egr But I Couldnt Really Get The Inside Carbon Build On The Intake Manifold But Good Enough. Still My Engine Stalls. I Took The Car To The Honda Dealer To Get The Recall On The Ignition Fixed Because I Thought That Was The Problem And Found Out That My #4 Cylinder Had No Compression And Had Low Compression On The Other 3 Cylinders. The Mechanic Couldnt Tell Me If Its My Valve Or Piston. I Dont Think Its My Piston Rings Because Mines Blow White Smoke Not Black Or Blue Smoke. Could It Be My Head Gasket? Now My Car Threw A Code And Its Kind Of Weird Because The Engine Check Just Stay Lite. I Dont Really Know What To Do At This Point. Any Help Is Appreciatied.
Old 01-13-2005, 10:12 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Why Do You Capitalize Every Word?

Anyways...I would get a compression tester for a local autoparts store and check the compression yourself. If it is a headgasket, two adjacent cylinders will most likely have low compression. That is not always the case, however, so check your coolant for oil and your oil for coolant. White smoke would indicate water vapor burning off, so it may be the headgasket.

Go to www.c-speedracing.com for information about finding the CEL code.

Good luck though. I don't know what to tell you since it could me many different things.
Old 01-13-2005, 10:17 PM
blueboi69

thanks for info