Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

The Perfect Honda Engine Combination? Advanced Honda Techs Only

Old 01-12-2005, 05:16 AM
vinnyzcrx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Perfect Honda Engine Combination? Advanced Honda Techs Only

In this thread i would like to talk about the frankenstein swap, there are good and bad aspects associated with this swap. A bad one for example is cylinder wall wear, but of course a blockguard reduces the likeleness of the engine blowing due to cylinder wall flex, but still does not eliminate clyinder wall wear which eventually leads to ovel shaped cylinder and low compression and problems. with this said one must thing about the rate at which the cylinder wall will wear, yes this swap put more pressure on the sides of the cylinder walls but is it really that much more than say a stock b16 or 18?

Good or bad swap? answer with valad responses please
Old 01-12-2005, 05:33 AM
Running925
Your Powder Coater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you build it properly, such as really nice sleeves, Block guard it, ect. I really don't see a downfall to this. You really shouldn't see excessive wear on the cylindar wall. The only thing that i've noticed that people lack when they do this swap is their means of tuning. If people would take there time & do this swap properly, it would have much less of a bad rap out there.

I have definatly heard a lot of horrer stories when it comes to frank & they usually go like this. Well i took my stock b18 block & put a stock b16 head / gsr head on here, didn't really check the rings or anything & bolted it up & ran down the road.. went very strong! one week later they realize that the rings needed replaced anyways & the shit blows. Or they arn't feeding enough oil to the motor to keep it cool. Or the amount of fuel that the motor is recieving at different RPM's is in no way managed properly. Theres a million & 1 things that can go wrong but i'm a firm believer that if the swap is done properly with a strong build, there will be no issues!