Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

Sohc Engine Rebuild. Anyone have a great article?

Old 01-02-2005, 08:33 PM
W O T

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sohc Engine Rebuild. Anyone have a great article?

First of all, I just signed up because other forums I was on are just to slow, and this webforum seems to have huge ammounts of info and users.

But Im basically trying to rebuild my D16A6 form the ground up and Im looking for some articles/threads with great information on the disassembly/assembly, whats needed ahead of time as far as gaskets go.

Hoping to stay here for a long time. My jobs boring and I do nothing but basically get payed to surf.

Thanks guys
Old 01-03-2005, 09:32 AM
Tankard

Not trying to tell you what to do, but i think it would possibly be just as cheap to get one of those used motors from Japan. It would be a heck of a lot easier than trying to rebuild it. Not to mention, if you did rebuild it, there's always a possibility that you will not do somethin right, causing you to have to remove the motor from the car again. You would be very irritated if that happened. I know this first hand. My 91 Yamaha FZR 600 motorcycle tranny messed up. I took the motor out, fixed it, and came to find out if forgot to put a damn clip back on the tranny thing. I eventually just bought a used motor for it after i did get it fixed and screwed it up again.
Old 01-03-2005, 01:54 PM
exospeed*com

not to say that this board is not helpful, but there are other D16 specific forums you can check out. Like sohchonda.com, d-series.org, turbod16.com

back to the subject. What are you doing to the motor? is it rebuild for daily driving or are you prepping it for more performance and racing?

Wil
Old 01-03-2005, 09:45 PM
W O T

The motor is being built for performance. Everything will be upgraded for a high boost application. Head is already assembled but Im just looking for a nice guide on the block on proper clearances and properly assembly. Like the Tankard said, I dont want to forget an oil seal or completely miss a main seal or a thrust washer or whatever there called.

Only motor Ive rebuilt isa 350 chevy and there completely different
Old 01-04-2005, 01:38 PM
AdvanTech
To The Max!

http://theoldone.com/articles/d%5Fse...ilding%5Ftips/
Old 01-05-2005, 10:33 AM
W O T

Hey I was actually looking for a some block notching pics, that helped, thanks
Old 01-12-2005, 01:20 PM
chasloa

Originally Posted by exospeed*com
not to say that this board is not helpful, but there are other D16 specific forums you can check out. Like sohchonda.com, d-series.org, turbod16.com

back to the subject. What are you doing to the motor? is it rebuild for daily driving or are you prepping it for more performance and racing?

Wil
I second that. And it is the same forum (vbulletin) as this one.