Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

Oil problem on B18C swap

Old 12-23-2004, 11:54 PM
asiandoood
sancho on the sizzide!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil problem on B18C swap

Im running about 4.5 quarts of oil in the motor for about a month now. Recently my oil light flashes on and off briefly when I make left turns. I check the oil...and there seems to be no oil on the dipstick. This is weirding me out...am I low on oil? Is my sensor going bad?... Bad oil pump? ...or all of the above? I've already added another full quart in there...and still no oil on the dipstick.... ????

Motor is a B18C in an EG Civic. TIA
Old 12-24-2004, 09:08 AM
Andy
Hybrid Forum Moderator

Put the car on jackstands and drain what's in there and refill it. I'd replace the oil filter even if it's not due as the o-ring/gasket might have failed and letting oil leak. You can try to refill it slowly but your better off going with a fresh oil change as you might overfill. I would think if the sensor was failing, it would be on constantly or come on randomly. It's possible if your oil level is low enough that the pickup simply goes dry under the right circumstances (like left turns) and that's why your getting the light. Throw a a sheet of cardboard under your engine when you park it tonight and see if your leaking from anywhere.

'06 Subaru Legacy Spec B - Stock, for now
'98 Civic EX - CTR headlights and grill, Kosei K1's, for sale
'90 240SX - SR20DET that will never get installed, project car.
Old 12-29-2004, 05:54 PM
MBenztech
Solid as a Rock!

ya thats a good idea.