Notices

Is this serious???

Old 08-20-2002, 03:16 PM
accordboy00

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this serious???

Okay yall, here's my problem, but first a little history of my 2000 accord:

17,000miles: Trans-axle leaking. Fixed under warranty.

37,000miles: Trans-axle leaking again. A bearing was pushing out the seal. Although my warranty had just expired, Honda completely replaced my tranny at no charge (It took a lot of
b!tching from me to get it done.

54,000miles(present): Tranny is leaking fluid from the seal between the motor and tranny.

Okay, I noticed that there were a couple of spots on my drive way a couple of days ago. Since I needed an oil change I told the guy to find out what was leaking. That's what he told me.

How serious is this problem in terms of cost to fix? Should I b!tch and complain again to the dealer about how they can't seem to fix my tranny? Help me out, cause I'm taking the car toi the dealer tomorrow.

BTW: I looked up my state's lemon law and it seems that the car needs to have had multiple repairs within the warranty. Most of my tranny work has been done outside of warranty. Anybody familiar with this law?
Old 08-20-2002, 05:53 PM
vtecinside
Cracker Quack!

wow a 4cyl 6th gen with tranny probs....i guess the AV6'ers aren't alone.

fight it, and get them to pay you instead another stock tranny get a levelten tranny which should be indestructible.

you've had multiple repairs under warranty. this part should still have some warranty on it. and this is not regular wear and tear. will you win? not likely, but because honda is doing this whole customer service improvement initiative they may be much more willing to listen to you. honda dealers are notorious for poor service and honda realizes this. use it to your advantage.
Old 08-20-2002, 06:00 PM
BonzoAPD

that sucks man. Go back to honda with that, they should have to take care of that problem. Lemon law is 3 times with the same problem so check that out.
Old 08-20-2002, 09:18 PM
accordboy00

I'll let you guys know tomorrow after I take it in. Let's just say I'm not willing to pay for a problem they should have fixed.
Old 08-21-2002, 08:45 AM
accordboy00

Well, I just got back from the dealer. They want to inspect the problem to make sure the defect is in something that they worked on...which it is. If they decide the leak is their fault then they will fix it at no cost. We'll see....I'm not going to pay for ish!
Old 08-21-2002, 01:54 PM
accordboy00

After much *****ing, Honda has approved yet another tranny swap. They ordered it today and it will be in in about a week. See what some good *****ing can do? Lets hope this new tranny is a good one.
Old 08-21-2002, 02:01 PM
vtecinside
Cracker Quack!

shoulda took cash and got the job done right. granted honda would not cover it after that, but then again you would prolly not need any further help. honda AT's suck.
Funny american cars have AT's which take quite a beating and keep on ticking. (vette's, stangs, 350 IROCs, cop cars)

good luck

noel
Old 08-21-2002, 11:17 PM
accordboy00

Hopefully my tranny problems stop here!