Notices

Tirerack wheels?

Old 08-20-2002, 12:37 PM
smakdown

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tirerack wheels?

Im thinking about getting my wheels and tires from tirerack.com because I know people who have had good experience and they have a big tire selection. The only wheels in my price range though that they have are Sport Edition. I've never heard of these but they look decent. Any ideas on quality?
Old 08-20-2002, 12:40 PM
BonzoAPD

i dunno, never heard of them. Have you though about trying another place like groupbuy? They sell rotas and rota's are inexpensive but reputable.
Old 08-20-2002, 01:41 PM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

if tire rack sells them, they must be somewhat decent... they are a good company and sell only quality products.

Also try www.tires.com they have free shipping, free mounting and balancing, free lugs and they have a good selection of reasonable prices wheels and tires... also all of good quality.
Old 08-20-2002, 01:46 PM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

oh yeah, i just wanted to add... dont buy from wheelmax.com :nono:, they suck!! Their customer service reps are total assholes, the charge for really crappy lugs that stretch and rust, they charge for mounting and balancing, and they dont come out balanced... me and a couple other people I know that bought from them had to get our sets re-balanced by someone we knew... and they said the balance was totally off... which it was, we bounced down the road...

to the people of wheelmax... :sqfawk: :down:
Old 08-20-2002, 02:21 PM
kleankord

tirerack.com has a ****ty selection for my car... 6th gen accord... MaD dissapointed because they carry some pretty nice rims... but for my car they dun got ish... tires.com pretty good and i was about to say wheelmax but... hehe sumaccordguy seems to think otherwise... groupbuycenter.com is a good bet too tho
Old 08-21-2002, 07:41 PM
silver03TL

Default Re: Tirerack wheels?

Originally posted by smakdown
Im thinking about getting my wheels and tires from tirerack.com because I know people who have had good experience and they have a big tire selection. The only wheels in my price range though that they have are Sport Edition. I've never heard of these but they look decent. Any ideas on quality?

My friend has the Sport Edition on his Integra. They are ok looking but a little on the heavy side. Tire Rack usually will carry quality wheels, but sometimes they will throw in a few average or below average wheels. What kind of car are you looking to get rims for?
Old 08-21-2002, 08:07 PM
AcsRcool
Faster than your Geo

i would highly recommend discounttire.com. They have a good selection for the accord and my wheels arrived quickly, correctly balanced, well packaged, and with a proper set of lugnuts.
Old 08-22-2002, 12:14 PM
smakdown

Default Re: Re: Tirerack wheels?

Originally posted by silver03TL

My friend has the Sport Edition on his Integra. They are ok looking but a little on the heavy side. Tire Rack usually will carry quality wheels, but sometimes they will throw in a few average or below average wheels. What kind of car are you looking to get rims for?
Looking to get rims for my 94 accord lx. I was planning on getting the sport edition ones with the six spokes, paired with some sumitomo htr+, thats less than 1000 shipped.
Old 08-22-2002, 02:14 PM
III 4U2NV III

Bad experience from wheelmax.com? I know a few people who ordered from them and they didn't have any problems. The last thread about wheels praised wheelmax.com.
Old 08-22-2002, 02:47 PM
smakdown

I just remembered whalentire.com and i actually like their selection the best out of all the websites. What do you think of these wheels?- http://www.whalentire.com/wheeldetai...r=ADR85778H40S

Those with kuhmo ecsta 711 makes $932 with shipping, lug nuts ,and 4 lock lugs. Balanced and mounted of course...