Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Is Honda Dying?

Old 12-20-2004, 03:46 PM
Rice_Kit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is Honda Dying?

I honestly don't like the recent models for civics, accords and other honda mobiles. I heard Honda's mobile selling is decreasing.
I don't like tail lights for the new accords sedans. Do you?
Old 12-20-2004, 03:50 PM
teg92
WHAT OK YEAH!

Honda will never die
Old 12-20-2004, 03:52 PM
wedley2
bboy Wesley West

Originally Posted by Rice_Kit
I honestly don't like the recent models for civics, accords and other honda mobiles. I heard Honda's mobile selling is decreasing.
I don't like tail lights for the new accords sedans. Do you?
hell no, the accords are so ugly this gen, that is why they are decreasing, especially with the automatic tranny problems.

the scion line took some of the "youth" as well as toyota line. i do like the civics though.

im more interested into a 97-99? Acura CL 3.0L. one of those would be nice, especially for 6k.
Old 12-20-2004, 04:55 PM
kenton
Change sig? Lose [quote]!

I like the Accord coupe, I didn't at first as the rear end resembled an Mercedes, and the sedan has really grew on me, especially the EX model with those fat 5 16" rims. A decent little drop and it looks aggressive as hell.

I like both of the Civic coupe and sedan. Especially the new Civic taillights with the little round reverse light.

Wish we still had a Prelude/Del Solish option, though.
Old 12-20-2004, 04:56 PM
shipu7la

I don't like the new Accord Sedan because of their tail (Looking very dull). If they don't change their style soon, they will loose many young, loyal customer. what you think guys?
Old 12-20-2004, 05:15 PM
jschmid

The great majority of people who buy Accords and Civics aren't as fanatical about looks and details as the small "enthusiast" section. So as long as they remain reliable, competetive, and keep from getting TOO ugly, the'll continue to sell. And since the Accord is still a C&D top ten list selection, has won it's first C&D comparison, it's clear that it's still one of the best cars in it's segment, ugly tail lights and all.
Old 12-20-2004, 05:23 PM
bluetwo
Relevance is irrelevant

The newer Honda's have always taken a little while to "grow on" me.
I didn't like the EJ when it first came out. I wasn't crazy about the civic then because the Prelude was cooler looking, but it was just so different.... after a while it just looked normal.
Anyway. I think it's always been like that.
Old 12-20-2004, 05:30 PM
Rice_Kit

Originally Posted by shipu7la
I don't like the new Accord Sedan because of their tail (Looking very dull). If they don't change their style soon, they will loose many young, loyal customer. what you think guys?

Agreee!
Old 12-20-2004, 05:33 PM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the cars are too clunky, they started to deteriorate after 97 in my opinon

some of the civics still look good, but 01' with the departure of the old integras and prelude we lost alot of coolness in the honda/acura camp. we need a flatter coupe again (the RSX, anyway you cut it, is too boxy to be an integra, doesnt look as sneaky, actually kinda looks like a sore thumb at times)

the problem is honda seemed to slam the sides of the car inward, streching them all vertically and not giving them an agressive stance, this killed alot fo the apeal

the s2k is nice, but it's not for alot of honda owners (RWD v. FWD) and i think that they should introduce somthign that looks like the NSX, is front engine, and front wheel drive and under 40k to save honda from these downfalls
Old 12-20-2004, 05:42 PM
bluetwo
Relevance is irrelevant

Yeah.,
I hate the way cars are getting boxier and taller. My first car, a first gen Prelude, was so low to the ground.
It was low and sleek looking, and handled like a car should.
Of course the CVCC was a little low on power. I thought once auto makers figured out how to make more powerful engines, cars would never have low power I4's. But that's a different subject.