Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

Need reputable Shop in So. MD

Old 12-12-2004, 05:02 PM
Ebbsnflows

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need reputable Shop in So. MD

Hi all...I'm looking for a reputable shop in the Southern MD area (Waldorf/La Plata etc) to do a Timing belt/Water pump swap on my 95 Accord.

BTW...what's the typical cost of the swap? So far I've called a couple of random shops and have been quoted $300 for just the TB swap and $475 for the TB and WP (using Honda parts). Is this high? Low? Avg?

Any feedback is appreciated.
Old 12-12-2004, 05:13 PM
BoostedITR41

my aunt used to live in La Plata and I know for a fact the best shop in the area is inline pro in springfield VA. they are the best but usually don't do general maintanace like the stuff you need. most any local garage that has a decent rep. will be able to do it no problem and it will probably cost about 300-400 bucks with parts and labor
Old 12-12-2004, 10:10 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

That sounds pretty resonable. TB replacements on Hondas are a bitch. Mine cost $395 for just the timing belt.
Old 12-15-2004, 05:30 PM
Ebbsnflows

Thanks for the feedback guys. I guess I'll take it to a general mechanic. I just thought that w/ the millions of Imports zippin' around this area, there would be an import specific shop nearby.
Old 12-28-2004, 12:49 PM
SOHKeg

i know a guy in the area who is a honda-tech, but has an entire shop (just short of a lift) in his garage at home. i know he does alot of side work at the house. i know this is an old thread, but if you're still in need shoot me a PM and i can get you in touch w/him.