Notices
News & Rumors Archives Useful threads, previous Cars of the Week, and more.

Acura TSX/European Accord

Old 08-22-2002, 12:47 PM
jaje
HC Racer H5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Adröck
i understand your point, but you are the one with SIX threads started that have generated 0 replies.
this forum is for automotive news and rumors so we post those items there...those threads you are critiquing are relevant to this forum...the purpose of them is for members to read the items and get information (credible info) and may lead to a discussion

fact of the matter is a news post with useful factual information is much more accepted than a some emoticon or two word reply (to make those new threads close ot whoring i'd just make a new thread and post 2 words or some emoticon)
Old 08-22-2002, 07:21 PM
LuckyDog
AccordPower24

I must say that I too found the blacked-out sheep humorous.

Secondly, I think that we'll see some form of the 2.4l I4 in this car, and possibly a version of the 3.0l V6 (hence the idea of TSX and TSX Type-S instead of say 2.4SL and 3.0SL). If Acura was going for luxury with this car (ie TL) then I could see the 200hp 3.0l J30 standard and the new 240hp J30 in the Type-S. But, I think Acura wants a sportier theme (ie 3-Series) and will use one of Honda's trademark I4 engines. Sorry if there was any redundency there.

Finally, I agree about the pointless reply thing. I know by posting this I am contributing to making this thread even more off-topic, but I rarely post pointless posts. I like to think of myself as a respected member in this forum (we can dream, can't we?) and I've done that through not posting the stupid little one word posts. For any newer members, if you have something to say, say it. While if it degrades Honda/Acura in any manner it will most likely be dismissed as pointless . For Example, it's better to state why you don't like the new Accord rather than just "it sucks".
Old 08-22-2002, 08:09 PM
yianni64

Originally posted by Honda/NissanFan
So this car will come with 200hp and a 6spd manual. It should be slower than the RSX-S because of weight. So against the IS300, BMW 330i, and G35 this car is slower and doesn't handle as well. I am still confused.

Oh I see now that it might have 220hp with a 2.4liter engine. I thought this car was going to be the 4 door integra and I thought it was coming with the 2.0liter engine.
250hp K24 is what I heard.

And a 270hp J30 would make for a nice Type S
Old 08-23-2002, 07:51 PM
yianni64

Originally posted by iNteGraz92

:rofl:
you wish
Well, I really imagine the TSX will have a Type S option. Wouldnt it? The engine thatll be used, thats another story.
Old 08-24-2002, 06:29 AM
rb6teg

I'm thinking maybe it will only come with two different I4's........I'm seeing maybe the 200hp K20 in the base? and the 250 HP K24 in the Type-S...... 250 hp is more than the Accord, and less than the TL-S......nicely filling the gap, plus it is still more power than the 3 series and the IS300..........
Old 08-24-2002, 12:13 PM
iNteGraz92
forever lurking

Originally posted by yianni64

Well, I really imagine the TSX will have a Type S option. Wouldnt it? The engine thatll be used, thats another story.
yeah, a type-s model would be nice, but w/ 270hp, i highly doubt it.
Old 08-24-2002, 03:20 PM
yianni64

Originally posted by iNteGraz92

yeah, a type-s model would be nice, but w/ 270hp, i highly doubt it.
Well, I think once we see the base model, itll be easier to speculate what the Type S engine shall be.
Old 08-25-2002, 03:25 PM
yianni64

Originally posted by Honda/NissanFan
I might be wrong but didn't the old Integra 4door have the same engine options as the 2 door did, except the Type-R edition? So wouldn't this vehicle get the same engines?
The TSX is not a 4-door RSX.

The RSX is based on the Civic platform. The TSX is based (well, more than based) on the euro accord platform. The TSX has double wishbones in the front too.

We'll see a K24 at least in the TSX.
Old 08-25-2002, 05:51 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

H/N fan, you crazy old fool, good to see your asinine posts again. You say, why doesn't Honda make a 7 series/Q fighter instead of a sub-TL car? I'll tell you why. Look at the sales charts. Entry level luxury cars are selling 10+ times more than the luxury cars. I applaud Honda for stepping up to the plate with a smaller, tighter, and cheaper TL substitute. I too envision the TL/RL moving upmarket slightly (bases of 35k and 50k respectively) so the TSX slots between the AV6 and the TL (27-30 grand range). I am very excited, IMO it will be a huge hit :thumbup:
Old 08-25-2002, 06:01 PM
yianni64

Originally posted by 02RSXTYPES
H/N fan, you crazy old fool, good to see your asinine posts again. You say, why doesn't Honda make a 7 series/Q fighter instead of a sub-TL car? I'll tell you why. Look at the sales charts. Entry level luxury cars are selling 10+ times more than the luxury cars. I applaud Honda for stepping up to the plate with a smaller, tighter, and cheaper TL substitute. I too envision the TL/RL moving upmarket slightly (bases of 35k and 50k respectively) so the TSX slots between the AV6 and the TL (27-30 grand range). I am very excited, IMO it will be a huge hit :thumbup:
Your post made sense except............

Heres what I think, have it start for just under that magic $30,000 mark, and have the 2,000 Navigation option, and the $2,000 Type S option. Acura sells because it gives you what your looking for ina luxury car, but at a great value, which cant be said for most of the other guys.

Even though we all know the TL is almost the size of the E-Class, its being cross shopped with the C-Class cuz of its price.

Quick Reply: Acura TSX/European Accord