Notices

Serious Indiglo gauges problem

Old 08-19-2002, 03:26 AM
vtecaccord01
Performance isn't $$$

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Serious Indiglo gauges problem

Ok guys I have a serious problem. I got some indiglo put in. Before they got stuck then me and my mechaninc took them back out. We tried lifting the needles to loosen them and it work. but now I noticed that my gas gauge isn't reading right and my mph is reading faster then it is suppose too. Maybe 5-10 mph at times. my rpms are running pretty much ok and so are my temp is there anything I can do. My gas gauge is falling down but I doubt it is reading accurate but if I fill the tank back up it should be ok by then to reset it. At least I would drive slower now but I would like them to work properly and keep the indiglos?
Old 08-19-2002, 04:52 AM
Old91CivicGuy

Make sure that they are lined up. if it seems to be a constant 5mph, then I bet your gauges aren't lined up. You may want to invest in some double faced tape to keep them there. Also, check the connection in the back.
Old 08-19-2002, 04:58 AM
vtecaccord01
Performance isn't $$$

They don't stick anymore. They move just fine. But it isn't a constant 5 more like a random 10 -15. It is crazy and getting on my nerves. The said I might need to a new mph. The connections are in real good. I am going to cut around the needls one more time maybe that might work??
Old 08-19-2002, 05:06 AM
The Dude
Banned

Yea you fuxed up big time. Now you need to invest in a new gauge cluster W/O INDIGLO GAUGES. You will probably just encounter more and more problems with them.
Old 08-19-2002, 06:21 AM
KIMistry

ahhaha i think i got same issues as you. i've come to accept the problems tho. Like, my spedometer is prolly a little off cuz the needle stop doesn't line up with the 0, but instead lines up a little below the zero. Plus, my gas gauge is all fuqed, doesnt read right anymore. I'm going to resolder the connections where wires were cut and hopefully that'll fix it. if i were u, i'd just remove the indiglo's and see if everythin works fine witout them. then u can do trial and error.
Old 08-19-2002, 06:23 AM
zidek_accord

i'm not sure if it goes for the speedo but i broke my temp needle, hit the yard and got the whole new module, screwed it in, and it works fine.
Old 08-19-2002, 06:44 AM
vtecaccord01
Performance isn't $$$

I have a few friends looking into it for me now. well **** I guess if I get the other gauge cluster it will be back too stock. I guess next stummer i'll try again if I can get it. if I can I'll mess with this gauge cluster so they work right on this one, then just swap it over. The look too good.