Notices

91 integra alternator

Old 11-26-2004, 12:14 AM
sno

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 91 integra alternator

hey guys, i'm kinda new here and i just replaced the alternator in my car.

i followed the haynes manual and had to remove the drive axle in order to drop it out the bottom. i also had to remove the alternator mounting bracket that's bolted to the side of the block (that part wasn't in the haynes manual). anyways, i would have done a write up but i didn't have my digital camera with me and the haynes manual explains it pretty well. i guess if anyone has any questions on how to replace their alternator feel free to shoot me a pm.
Old 02-18-2005, 08:18 PM
TwoToneLSS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default replacing 91 ingtegra alternator

Hey I just replaced my alternator on my 1991 Integra Ls-special. I just wanted to let everyone know that you do not have to take your drive axel off at all. Other than a bottom bracket and a hose mount on your block, you can leave everything completly in tact and manuver the bad alternator out and slide the good alternator in. The whole opperation took a little more than an hour only because the bolts are somewhat hard to get to. So save your ball-bearings as much as you can, and keep your axels on. Any questions just email me or post a reply. Thanks sno for giving me an idea of where to start.