Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

CRX Axle Swap - Wheels

Old 11-23-2004, 07:21 PM
parkerfly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CRX Axle Swap - Wheels

I'm just starting to build up a 91 CRX HF. Being poor, like most of us, I need to go in stages I would like to start with suspension/tire work first then move into an engine swap (B16).

When I do the engine swap I need to replace the axles/hubs with a set from an Integra... if I buy new wheels now, will they fit the Integra hubs when I do the swap?

Thanks
DC
Old 11-24-2004, 02:59 PM
Andy
Hybrid Forum Moderator

I don't have much experience with EF's but I remember reading that if your car came factory with a 4 speed manual, the hubs need to be replaced with 5-speed versions (inner diameter of where the axel goes through is smaller on those cars). That might only be the older (pre '88 cars) but I'm not positive. The Integra and Civic both use a 4x100 bolt pattern, so if you did use the Integra units (upgrading to get the slightly larger Integra brake assemblies would be beneficial) any wheesl you have now will fit fine.

'06 Subaru Legacy Spec B - Stock, for now
'98 Civic EX - CTR headlights and grill, Kosei K1's, for sale
'90 240SX - SR20DET that will never get installed, project car.
Old 11-24-2004, 04:55 PM
parkerfly

Nice, thanks for the reply.
Old 11-25-2004, 07:05 AM
Dose3782
Boost is like crack

I have a set of the 90-93 integra hubs/upper control arms, and lower arms for this swap. I also have the raer disc brake conversion short of the ebrake cable if you are interested... Id be willing to part with the whole package deal with some lowering springs attached to help a fellow EF guy/gal out. Shoot me an email at Boost3782@yahoo.com if you are interested.... They are heavy, so shipping will be high, but you will need at least the fronts...

Dose3782
Old 11-28-2004, 02:07 PM
acuraattackura

for a swap into a 90 crx si do i need the hubs and upper and lower control arms