Notices
Track & Autocross Talk lap times and race lines.

DOH! My tent blew over onto my car today.

Old 08-18-2002, 02:19 PM
CivicSiRacer
Honorary Moderator Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DOH! My tent blew over onto my car today.

Sad to say. I was coming off course with a student and saw it land on the side of my car. Took a nice chunk out of the windshield molding, A-pillar, side of the door/window area, and lower panel.

Really really sucks!
Old 08-18-2002, 02:58 PM
1stGenCRXer
GWAKS- Tech Geekifier

Did you have it tied down? I use a canopy at the track also, and I know how little, yet unexpected wind can give those things flight. If you can't stake it down, tie straps and car wheels, toolboxes, or other ballast can keep it firmly planted, even if there's a hurricane right off the coast [which I've done]. Too bad you got some damage, least now you'll think about it more I guess.
Old 08-18-2002, 07:11 PM
jaje
HC Racer H5

i usually bring an extra set of wheels (one for racing) i use each stock wheel to hold down each leg...i too have also seen a canopy fold over onto someone cooking at a grill
Old 08-19-2002, 02:43 AM
CivicSiRacer

Originally posted by 1stGenCRXer
Did you have it tied down? I use a canopy at the track also, and I know how little, yet unexpected wind can give those things flight. If you can't stake it down, tie straps and car wheels, toolboxes, or other ballast can keep it firmly planted, even if there's a hurricane right off the coast [which I've done]. Too bad you got some damage, least now you'll think about it more I guess.
Well I usally do, but I was in such a hurry to do my work assignment (I'm Registration Core) that I totally forgot.

Kills me though cause my co-driver pulled the car in my spot and not more than 20 seconds later the tent flipped. If he would have gotten there 20 seconds later it would have missed.
Old 08-19-2002, 07:12 PM
FourthGenHatch
I'm RICK JAMES, bitch!

Why do you have a Tent?
Old 08-19-2002, 07:34 PM
jaje
HC Racer H5

Originally posted by FourthGenHatch
Why do you have a Tent?
Because sitting out the sun all day when waiting around to get track time is really hot (sunburn)...most don't get a tent it's called a canopy (all 4 sides are open)...it's like a 10' square umbrella (or smaller)
Old 08-20-2002, 02:31 AM
CivicSiRacer

Originally posted by jaje
Because sitting out the sun all day when waiting around to get track time is really hot (sunburn)...most don't get a tent it's called a canopy (all 4 sides are open)...it's like a 10' square umbrella (or smaller)
http://www.ezup.com/

I've had one for llike 5 years and it's great. I got it when I was at car shows and all of us would just chill under it. Also great for those sudden summer downpours. Packs up into a case about 4 feet high and 1 foot square. Very compact.