Notices

Cat Removal equal better gas mileage?

Old 11-17-2004, 05:53 PM
xIntegrax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cat Removal equal better gas mileage?

If you remove the CAT from your exhaust system, and let say you replace it was a resonator, wouldnt u get better gas mileage on the city or freeway?
Old 11-17-2004, 10:38 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Doubtful.
Old 11-18-2004, 10:40 AM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

If any improvement is made, it's going to be maybe 1 or 1.5 mpg. It's not worth the effort to convert, nor is it worth the damage to the environment.

You'll get better mileage by changing your driving habits. Don't jump on the throttle all the time, and upshift earlier.

Lastly, removing your catalytic converter is illegal. Period.
The cat is there for a reason - to keep our air breathable. Please don't remove it.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 11-18-2004, 11:44 AM
Tobra

No
Old 11-18-2004, 01:08 PM
LT
The deer had to die!

what year and trim integra?

if it's obd-2, the 2nd O2 sensor will get a bit screwed and probably richen the a/f ratio - giving poorer gas mileage.
Old 11-18-2004, 11:57 PM
xIntegrax

i have a 94 LS, i did remove the CAT for a resonator. i wasn't really going for gas mileage improvement but for more HP. since i already remove it, i was jsut wondering if it affected the gas mileage on my car. hard to tell but im gonna put the CAT back on because its too loud. 1 or 2 HP at the top end is not worth losing my hearing, plus i would get more bottom end torque with the CAT back on. If i had LSVTEC on the other hand, i would leave it off.
Old 11-22-2004, 04:07 PM
1996IntegraGSR

Default High Flow cat

HI, I have an all motor 96 Integra Gsr that runs flat 12's on street tires. I use a high flow cat from a japanese company named sprinter and it has given me a great increase in performance, and sound, not louder but and deeper tone, not like a high ricey sound. I passed Inspection (in NJ)about 6 months ago will all of my mods on encluding my highflow cat. I have one of these left that I had shipped over for my friends GSR but he sold it and bought an S2000. So I have 1 left for sale. It is 100% brand new, still in the box. I'm asking 100$ and ill pay for the shipping and packaging fee's, as well as the taxes. These cost me 159.99 a piece to buy and 49.50 to get it shipped here from japan. It comes with the necessary gaskets, mounting hardware, bolts and screws. It is 100% stainless steel and has grade A welds which eliminates the need to grind the welds, because they are already perfect. It's simple and quick to install It is a direct bolt on for 94-99 acura integra gsr's and is an authentic JDM Part. For more information and pictures of the high flow cat. Email me at highrpm350z@msn.com or Instant message me at L996IntegraGsr on aol IM.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Set43_02.jpg (60.5 KB, 21 views)