Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

redoing my timing and other stuff

Old 11-17-2004, 06:56 AM
NeverBX
Snootchie Bootchies!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default redoing my timing and other stuff

i have a 96 civic ex, where is the bolt to loosen the tensioner? i need to tighten my timing belt as well as reset my timing cause its off by 5-6 degrees retarded. which line on the pulley is TDC, the white? red? so what im gonna do is put my crank pulley at TDC and my cam at TDC then retighten the belt. will this work or is there a better and easier way?

also my turn signal arm is not clicking back to position after i make a left or right turn, meaning when I signal for a turn; after I complete the turn and the wheel goes back to neutral position my signal is still going, I even tried turning the wheel all the way the opposite and it was still flashing. how do i fix this?

thanks for any help
Old 11-17-2004, 10:26 AM
dubcac
I

Originally Posted by NeverBX
i have a 96 civic ex, where is the bolt to loosen the tensioner? i need to tighten my timing belt as well as reset my timing cause its off by 5-6 degrees retarded. which line on the pulley is TDC, the white? red? so what im gonna do is put my crank pulley at TDC and my cam at TDC then retighten the belt. will this work or is there a better and easier way?

also my turn signal arm is not clicking back to position after i make a left or right turn, meaning when I signal for a turn; after I complete the turn and the wheel goes back to neutral position my signal is still going, I even tried turning the wheel all the way the opposite and it was still flashing. how do i fix this?

thanks for any help
The tensioner bolt is underneath the timing cover. There should be a piece/grommet that you can pull off of the timing cover and get to the bolt, without having to remove the cover. The white mark on the crank is TDC. Is your cam timing or ignition timing off?

As for the turn signal arm, the easiest way would probably be to get a replacement from a junkard and swap them out.
Old 11-17-2004, 10:35 AM
NeverBX
Snootchie Bootchies!!

its my ignition timing thats off, i jumped the clip to set the static timing as well and cant adjust it any furthur by rotating the dizzy. does anyone have a picture of where the bolt is? i have the helms manual but its not really clear as to where it is.