Notices

Car failed B.A.R. Smog test.

Old 11-15-2004, 09:06 PM
ADRONICUS
www.ufc.com

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car failed B.A.R. Smog test.

Well guys, my Integra failed today in case you were all wondering about that. The test was today. 15mph was 91 over 61 and 25mph was 61 over 45 the lower numbers being the max. Is this drastic? I went ahead and took off my intake, added new Denso Platinum Plugs, fuel filter, stock wires & replaced the cap and rotor. All parts came from Acura. No engine lights on, never had it come on, does anyone suggest I do anything else? I had NGK copper plugs from Autozone that were in there prior, the guy at the factory said that may have been my problem since the GSR requires Denso or NGK Platinum. Any more advice would be appreciated, the motor is back to bone-ass stock, with exception of the ground kit.
Old 11-15-2004, 09:36 PM
aboobybobpleez
Certified Rice-Rocket

never had to do a smog test...what do the numbers mean? just for knowledge
Old 11-15-2004, 10:27 PM
dubcac
I

Stock header/cat? Stock fuel system? My motor passed with NGK coppers, that's not your problem. Did you get the cat nice and warm before you went in?
Old 11-16-2004, 05:40 AM
ADRONICUS
www.ufc.com

Originally Posted by aboobybobpleez
never had to do a smog test...what do the numbers mean? just for knowledge
Your guess is as good as mine...I posted them cause I am hoping someone else knows.
Old 11-16-2004, 05:44 AM
ADRONICUS
www.ufc.com

Originally Posted by Master Yodub
Stock header/cat? Stock fuel system? My motor passed with NGK coppers, that's not your problem. Did you get the cat nice and warm before you went in?
Does it matter that I drive a GSR? The at the Acura Parts place said it does for the b18c1. Oh well, they are changed now. I am gonna have a pre-cert done this weekend to see where it is at and that go from there. And yeah, the cat was nice and warm. I was on the freeway for about 25-30 minutes en-route to the referree and then I also left it running while I waited on them to show up.
Old 11-16-2004, 09:55 AM
dubcac
I

I know plenty of people that have passed with copper plugs, that's not the problem. Changing the type of spark plugs you run won't make you pass/fail the smog test. Are you running the stock header? Do you have any fuel system mods? What is your ignition timing at?
Old 11-16-2004, 11:15 AM
ADRONICUS
www.ufc.com

Originally Posted by Master Yodub
I know plenty of people that have passed with copper plugs, that's not the problem. Changing the type of spark plugs you run won't make you pass/fail the smog test. Are you running the stock header? Do you have any fuel system mods? What is your ignition timing at?
Motor is back to bone-ass stock. Stock everything. Fuel system has not been modified and the timing is at 14.9. 14-15 is supposed to be acceptable.
Old 11-16-2004, 12:22 PM
dubcac
I

Stock timing is 16. Acceptable is 16+/- 2 degrees..the more timing you have, the hotter the burn you'll get...and it'll lean out a bit. I'd put it up a couple degrees.
Old 11-16-2004, 01:22 PM
XSrcing

next time you go, beat the piss out of the car. the cat will actually cool off when just idling.
Old 11-16-2004, 02:17 PM
1jz gte_ jza70
rhd the only way to be!!!

wow you car would have passed in washington state with those numbers what i dont get is why they test you at 15 then 25 here in washington its 25 only thats what they consider crusing speed. tho there are very few places with a 25 mph speed limit here.