Notices

6th gen exhuast?

Old 08-17-2002, 10:57 PM
kleankord

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6th gen exhuast?

ppl gimme some input on 6th gen exhaust systems? i want a nice sound and if there is such a thing as increase in performance, something that does that too.... hehehe. My homeboi bought a turbo exhaust made by apexi that's obnoxious as hell so i don't want to make the same mistake, isn't that right cuong?
he said apexi WS is prolly quietest (quietest? is that right) any suggestions?
Old 08-18-2002, 01:24 AM
steveng

i think greddy sp looks the best but unfortunately it's on back order since in May
Old 08-18-2002, 11:06 AM
RKV

guys, have u seen them HKS titanium exhaust, or the one with like the blue/purple tip around the canister which looks like the titanium(both are HKS), man, my friend has it on his RX-7(blue tip), and two of my supra friends have it on their cars(just the silver titanium)... dude, im tellin my girlfriend who just got a Toyota MRS to get it on her car. thats such a nice exhaust, not played out like the rest, tho their are some knock off companies making that style now...but i think they only make a muffler for honda's and acura's, so u need to get custom pipping, this will make it cheaper then. TRUST Me... i've seen dual on our 6th generations all the time. i've seen the Tanabe racing medallion, guns are too damn small for our 6th generation big butts, plus the auto makes the noise sound weird, unlike if it was a manual. not deep as other cars... Greddy sounds amAzing, i have a friend, her dual Greddys sound AMAZING, the best... but no offense, the exhuast doesnt look that good SP and MX, weird canister. now, i have an Apexi RS, like the WS exactly, i've even seen dual WS's, two big fat guns, with shiny backing. mmmm.. one of my best friends has the WS on his 98 Accord 4 dr, its nice, i've seen them many times, they look one of the BEST to me, however, thats only cuz no one has done that HKS settup that im recommending. comptech, i dunno, i dont like their look too much, and i've seen the thermal and pseudo, their ok, nice sounding. just take a look man, i will try to get u pics of the exhaust im talkin about. all exhausts give about the same performance gains, but hey, HKS is one of the better exhaust companies even, but this titanium is the $hi&*&(t
Old 08-18-2002, 11:28 AM
kleankord

oh my cacness, that's expensive i ran a search on it and it's running 700-800 dollas? wow...i was thinking ws since it's relatively inexpensive 400-500... i'm sitting in an I4 so no duals here...
Old 08-18-2002, 12:52 PM
RKV

The HKS Titanium exhaust on honda's and acura's like i said, only come with a muffler, and their not $700-800 i believe, and their not dual exhausts, their a single canister. there less than 700-800, check www.groupbuycenter.com, i saw them much cheaper... getting the muffler, and get the custom piping(that makes it cheaper)... not only will u have the great looks of the titanium muffler, and the uniqueness, cuz their mostly on cars like the TT supra's, RX-7s and, 240 Sx's... and u can get the piping so it will sound good, cuz u can custom design it, for example, a double resonator... make it a deep tone... u will get looks, the performance still, and at a price similar to the Apexi WS, around 500, and the piping can be from a local dealer so u wont be paying for shipping.
Old 08-18-2002, 01:10 PM
RKV

look, here is the hks website even, so the price they give is $427... now, thats retail, now you kno if u look hard enough, u can get that price lower.. haggling with local tuner shop, ebay, groupbuycenter, a friend who is sponsored who gets stuff cheap(maybe around $350-375).. i kno u can get everything, the piping for 500 and the muffler. wow, $427 for just a STINKIN muffler, now u kno this made of good material, and of course a good brand name (HKS)...