Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

Will A B18A1 Integra motor work in a 1994 honda civic?

Old 11-10-2004, 07:16 AM
SlowRider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will A B18A1 Integra motor work in a 1994 honda civic?

Will it? Thanks
Old 11-10-2004, 07:17 AM
Paul
Eater of Rice

yes, but it's illegal a B18A is older than a 94 civic.
Old 11-10-2004, 07:23 AM
SlowRider

Is it a direct bolt in though? The car isnt for the road it is for the track so legal doesnt really matter I am just waying my engine options.
Old 11-10-2004, 07:27 AM
Paul
Eater of Rice

Originally Posted by SlowRider
Is it a direct bolt in though? The car isnt for the road it is for the track so legal doesnt really matter I am just waying my engine options.
Yes, however wiring will be an issue, the transmission will also be an issue. Why not go with a B18B?
Old 11-10-2004, 07:32 AM
SlowRider

Do you know what transmission I could use as a direct bolt in and what I would have to do with the wiring? The reason I wanted to go with this is because a friend of mine has on with low miles that he said I could have for free...
Old 11-10-2004, 07:36 AM
Paul
Eater of Rice

Originally Posted by SlowRider
Do you know what transmission I could use as a direct bolt in and what I would have to do with the wiring? The reason I wanted to go with this is because a friend of mine has on with low miles that he said I could have for free...
You can use just about any B-Series Hydraullic transmision. You can use a B16/B18B/B18C transmission. As for the wiring, you should know that your car is OBD1, the B18A could possibly be OBD1 but could also be OBD0, which means you'd have to convert the dizzy to an OBD1, and you would also have to switch out the injectors to match. You would also have to use a OBD1 engine harness, and you would also need a OBD1 ecu to run your engine. Seriously, get a B18B swap, it'll a lot easier for you. If this is your first swap, I wouldn't reccommend going this route.
Old 11-10-2004, 07:38 AM
monicle
Repo.Jackmoves.Com

Originally Posted by Paul
yes, but it's illegal a B18A is older than a 94 civic.
only illegal depending on where you live. most places its not.
Old 11-10-2004, 07:41 AM
Paul
Eater of Rice

Originally Posted by monicle
only illegal depending on where you live. most places its not.
It's illegal every where, it's a FEDERAL law. You CANNOT put an older engine into a newer car. It doesn't matter what state you live in, whether or not your state has emissions. Even if your state doesn't check for it, it doesn't mean that it's legal. It's illegal everywhere in the United States. It's governed by the D.O.T.
Old 11-10-2004, 08:04 AM
monicle
Repo.Jackmoves.Com

thats funny. here in colorado I want to the department of transportation so that I caould get a spec sheet for my 2000 civic with a jdm 96 b18c in it so that I could be tested correctly for emissions. Ill post a pic of the sheet if you need it. the dude knew his stuff too. not like he did it cause he just didnt know.
Old 11-10-2004, 09:23 AM
MahoneyL80
I want 2 B cool like u!

i agree with monicle...no need to get outraged, but its only a law in certain states. theres a lot of street racing that goes down in tampa and when the cops bust em they dont give them tickets for anything other then blue or red flashy lights, if that unlike in california where if u get caught they give you tickets for your ride height, engine, light bulbs, exhaust, and in hawaii its even worse ive seen buddies of mine get tickets for having wings on the back of their cars because it limits your visibility each state has its own regulations and laws florida isnt one with that law..and ive lived here almost all my life