Notices

95 teg w/ 200k miles

Old 11-10-2004, 01:24 AM
95Ateg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 teg w/ 200k miles

Hey guys, I just picked up my first Acura last night. It's a 95 2dr, dark green, tan leather, fully loaded 5psd, I love it. I want to get it running in top condition before I mod it and I would like some info on what to check/replace. The car just rolled 200k, what should I look for/replace?

Car runs great, and pulls good, doesn't smoke, but I just want to be precautious and get her running good. How much longer can this motor last? I don't know the history of it, but I am just wondering if it'll last me a while.

Thanks guys,

Also, where are some good sites for aftermarket performance parts, and what would you guys recommend doing for cost/power ratio?

Matt
Old 11-10-2004, 02:10 AM
BONE

Congrats and welcome to the Integra forum I would get a compression test to make sure all cylinders are performing up to par, give it a complete tune up replacing everything and check all hoses and get up under the car to make sure nothing is leaking. As far as mods are concerned I/H/E or suspension would be on my list of things to do as far as sites are concerned try ebay www.modacar.com www.optauto.com www.tornactive.com just to name a few I shopped at just search around you will find good sites hope all this info helps you in some kind of way welcome.
Old 11-10-2004, 03:00 AM
95Ateg

Thanks for those links, I do plan on flushing everything and replacing many parts to freshen her up, I will also get a compression test. Thanks.

Oh, here is what I'm thinking about for suspension, let me know pros/cons about this setup and if you know of anyplace cheaper.

Goldline lowering springs - 2.5" $149 - Would these be too low? How's the ride?
Tokico struts/shocks - $289
Prothane Bushings - complete kit - $145

I figured with this kind of mileage I might as well replace all the bushings if I'm going to have it all torn apart anyways, so let me know what you guys think.

Thanks
Matt
Old 11-10-2004, 07:57 AM
GSRRacer95
Fight On!

What kind of Integra is it? GSR, LS, RS??
Old 11-10-2004, 11:45 AM
95Ateg

It's a Special Edition, which one is that? LOL.

Well I replaced quite a few things today, and tomorrow I am doing a leakdown test and a compression test.

Here's what I replaced:
Oil/filter
fuel filter
Distributor cap/rotor
plugs
wires
Both front CV joint boot's
and I gutted the cat since it was semi-clogged.

What else can I do maintence wise?

Also, which performance exhaust is the quietest? The idiot that had this car before me put a fartcan tip on, and it gives me a headache.

Oh, how do I get condesation out of the headlights?

Thanks guys
Matt
Old 11-10-2004, 11:59 AM
kenton
Change sig? Lose [quote]!

I'd check tire pressure (a big duh), treadwear, check if the treadwear is mostly even. I'd also check the air filter and transmission fluid.

How's your timing belt and water pump?

The quietest GOOD performance exhaust would have to be the Apexi World Sport (called WS for short) 2 or I'd check into the GReddy SP2. Both will run you about $400 for the entire piping and muffler.
Old 11-11-2004, 04:24 AM
95Ateg

Thanks for those recommendations, I was looking around on the net and came across these items, how do they perform? Which would be better for around the same price, and are these prices good?

Also, my integra didnt say LS/RS/GSR, all it said was SPECIAL EDITION, and I don't get the title for 2 more weeks. SO which engine do I have and is it VTEC? I betting on the base engine and no VTEC, but I wouldn't mind being surprised.

Here's what I am planning to order in the next day or so.

Goldline lowering springs - 2.5" - $149
Tokico struts/shocks - $289
Prothane Bushings - $145
Greddy 4-2-1 1 piece SS header - $309
Apexi World Sport catback exhaust - $395

Does all that sound good? Performance wise and the PRICE? Also, which intake would you recommend? Are pulleys a good investment?

Thanks to anyone with info.

Matt
Old 11-11-2004, 10:32 AM
NewbieTEG

I've got a Special Edition, they are base engines, sorry but no VTEC for you!
Still fast though, if you got stick!
Old 11-11-2004, 09:39 PM
j87w

I have the DC Sports header 4-1 Ceramic Coated on my 95 LS. I like it alot and got it for around 230 or so shipped on ebay brand new. I have the AEM Cold Air and like it alot its a quality product in my opinion. I dont got pulleys and I dont plan on buying them. They may be a good investment but I would rather leave all that alone. The exhaust your gonna buy sounds like a good idea. I have a trust exhaust and its LOUD. I have skunk2 coilovers on mine. There for a civic application so there not as stiff. I like them alot. If you want just regular lowering springs I would look around at Intrax, Skunk2 or Eibach. For struts I would go KYB AGX. There awesome struts. Then for bushings I dont know what ones would be better the prothane or energy suspension. My friend has prothane on his civic hatch and there all 2 piece bushings that you can easily put in. I think I would rather have bushings that you have to press in like the energy suspension if I can remember correctly. Thats just my opinions on what should get. Others may say different.
Old 11-12-2004, 01:08 AM
honura
Seni

Ok to answer your Question you have a B18b1(ls Motor). If I where you I would just save up for a nice Turbo kit. I mean your gonna spend a shit load on Bolt ons and for the money you will spend on Bolt ons you can spend maybe tops another $500 and Get a turbo. Run 5-6 Psi for daily on your stock internals and you will be fine for years. I just got a Special Edition about 2 months ago and Im just waiting to save up enough and slap a turbo on it. Best bang for your buck. Goodluck on your new baby!