Notices

Eibach Prokit/ Koni Yellow SP3?

Old 10-30-2004, 10:11 AM
BONE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eibach Prokit/ Koni Yellow SP3?

I already did a search and got mixed reviews so I wanted to ask with the prokits and yellow combo will I need a camber kit for the front, rear or for the front and rear. Most people say with this set up I will not need a camber kit just want to get some opinions from people who have this set up and if you are experiencing some tire wear issues if you have no camber kit, any input would be appreciated oh the car is a 97 GS-R.
Old 10-30-2004, 10:47 AM
dubcac
I

You shouldn't need one, just get an alignment. People that don't get an alignment will still wear on the inside of the tire and think it's camber wear, but their Toe is actually the problem. Toe out will cause tire wear on the inside, just like camber.
Old 10-30-2004, 06:26 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Originally Posted by dubster99
You shouldn't need one, just get an alignment. People that don't get an alignment will still wear on the inside of the tire and think it's camber wear, but their Toe is actually the problem. Toe out will cause tire wear on the inside, just like camber.
:werd:

I had the camber within specs but the inside of my front tires were worn to shit. Turns out it was a toe problem.
Old 10-30-2004, 06:32 PM
bluetwo
Relevance is irrelevant

that makes sense. I had camber kits put on all around and after the alignment I'm still not quite right.
Old 11-01-2004, 04:59 PM
ChassisInnovations
HAN Authorized Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As mentioned, camber doesn't wear out tires nearly as fast as toe does. However, I got front and rear camber kits when I changed my suspension so that I could dial in specific camber settings (-1.2F/-2.0R).