Notices

Teg Rods / Rpm

Old 10-30-2004, 02:39 AM
IKilledMYFamily

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teg Rods / Rpm

Okay, well.. Knock.. Knock.. usually the sound of something bad under the hood ?.. I hear this clicking noise ever so often.. its not loud, but it is distinct enough to be heard. A mechanic told me it was my piston rod(s). But from what I have been told by a few other teg owners, is that if that infact was the case, my car would run like crap, or not at all.. And it runs just fine ( other than my clutch ). The knock or click does not increase with speed or anything, as a matter of fact, it stopped completely for a whole week, and just recently returned.. Any idea what the heck this could be ?. Pls. I noticed.. around 3.. my meter just kinda.. jumps and goes back.. not like a clutch slipping result, but at random, cruising..
Who woulda thought installing a friggin stereo would have resulted in every fuse being blown ?!
Old 10-30-2004, 04:12 AM
honura
Seni

Ok I don't think it's a rod. The car will run 100% to the driver if it was the rod "At the begining" But will start breaking and soon bust a whole in your block. But I would suggest going to your local auto parts and getting a bottle of Lucas. It's an oil that is kinda heavy and lubs the crap outta everything. If you still here the noise after you do this then chances are it's not your motor. Ummm I put 3 quarts of regular syntetic oil and one bottle of Lucas everytime I do an oil change. I burn less oil this way. Hope this helps.
Old 10-30-2004, 06:12 AM
ISP James
DAMIMRED

could need valve adjustment, could be injectors.

integras have noisy injectors...