Notices

What to do about 94' Accord

Old 08-15-2002, 06:22 PM
dominion03

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to do about 94' Accord

OK...i know there are a million posts on here about doin h22 swaps and f22 swaps and what not. well i have some money saved up to do somethin...i have about 3,000 to spend on the car. i know it's pretty much personal preferance, but what should i do. i have already posted on here about doin a h22 swap, but that was a lil while ago and never made up my mind. i was thinkin about the h22 swap...but then some of u are sayin that it's not as reliable when turbo'd. ok...well what about another swap...the f22 w/ turbo maybe? i have about 175,000 miles on mine so i need somethin newer. if i do the h22 swap for about 2,200...how much more $ will be involved to turbo or either build it up? same w/ the f22? i just want something fast!!! my roomate went to get a supra tt pushin like 600rwhp...i know i'll never even be close...but i hafta have something fast (preferably the 94' accord...insurance is too much on anything else)! i know turbo is a lot of fun, but all motor doesn't sound bad either.
i know w/ only 3k to spend i'm not lookin at gettin 250hp...but what can i expect from these swaps?
i'd appreciate it if ya'll would give me some advice...or either let me know your setup...dyno...and about how much it cost.

...THANKS...
Old 08-15-2002, 07:06 PM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

Any turbo add-on is not gonna be as relaible as all motor. Your best bet is gonna be to get the H22... the f22 you have will last quite a while longer... but 175K is way too high to put a turbo on... you'd kill the engine.

Get a H22, throw bulletproofing in it (Cylinders, Rods, sleeves, rings, copper head gasket) and some bolt on things (headers, pullies) and maybe cams and gears... You dont have to do all of it, but i'm sure for $3000 you can get a 250HP motor.
Old 08-16-2002, 06:29 AM
dominion03

SumAccordGuy94....u kno the best place to get this stuff from? Cheapest prices???
Old 08-16-2002, 06:38 AM
vtecinside
Cracker Quack!

Seriously...

If I could do it again I would not spend a cent on performance parts. Do all the suspension and braking stuff you can then spend the rest at a driving school where you'd get to learn how to get the most from your car.

I'm developing the philosophy that no one should start with a super car as their first car. kinda like GT (the game) you really should master one car then move on to the next. similarly master driving one power level before moving up.
Old 08-16-2002, 10:48 AM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

i'm not too sure, ive never shopped for internals before... so you just gotta shop around.

If I could, i'd put a totally stock h22 in my car... and that'd be enough for me untill I could afford the supercharger. Internals kinda scare me... besides, I dont wanna push so much boost that I would risk breaking anything anyway...

its totally up to you though... a stock h22 is gonna pull A LOT harder than your f22!!
Old 08-16-2002, 02:28 PM
Bl@ck
Sinner

Originally posted by SumAccordGuy94
i'm not too sure, ive never shopped for internals before... so you just gotta shop around.

If I could, i'd put a totally stock h22 in my car... and that'd be enough for me untill I could afford the supercharger.
get that supercharger idea out of your head. they don't make one for the 5th gen accord solely because there isn't enough room between the engine and the fire wall to bolt it up. there's even less room with an H22 in there.
Old 08-16-2002, 02:44 PM
Bl@ck
Sinner

Originally posted by SumAccordGuy94
Any turbo add-on is not gonna be as relaible as all motor. Your best bet is gonna be to get the H22... the f22 you have will last quite a while longer... but 175K is way too high to put a turbo on... you'd kill the engine.
any turbo add on is not gonna be as reliable as all motor? are you serious? it's all relative. it has a great deal to do with how your engine is set up and tuned. a turbo'ed engine that isn't tuned properly won't last as long as one that is. the same goes for NA applications.

Get a H22, throw bulletproofing in it (Cylinders, Rods, sleeves, rings, copper head gasket) and some bolt on things (headers, pullies) and maybe cams and gears... You dont have to do all of it, but i'm sure for $3000 you can get a 250HP motor.
also do you realize how much resleeving a block costs? let's just say he might have enough right now to either get an H22 or have one resleeved, but not both. the $700 left over after the swap might get him a good head rebuild, but that's about it. not even enough left over for a good dyno run.

either way it all comes down to money, how much of it you have, how much you're willing to spend, and what you want to spend it on. after that it's just personal preference. personally i'd rebuild the F22 and slap a turbo on that puppy, but that's just me.
Old 08-16-2002, 02:52 PM
Bl@ck
Sinner

as far as engine internals go. people say that building up an F22 is easier said than done because the parts are inacessable. this is a fallacy. crower makes rods www.crower.com , gude performance makes a complete head package for F22 applications that includes the cylinder head assembly, intake manifold, throttle body and camshaft. www.gude.com. as far as valves go, that's usually the tuffy to find. ferrea racing components makes valves. www.ferrea.com . so there ya go. the parts aren't as inaccesible as people make them out to be.