Notices

Bypass.

Old 08-15-2002, 01:57 PM
WsAccord402

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bypass.

Um just posting a question. Does anyone trust the Bypass valve on their AEM CAI? Cause i hit a mail box and it broke off the underpart of my intake box( kit and windshield:tfg: ) and wondering if i should get the CAI or short ram.
Thanks.
Old 08-15-2002, 02:11 PM
WsAccord402

Like my car is still in the shop you know and yeah i got stock right now but im planning to buy a intake very very soon. But like i think they call it the resinator but im thinking my friends are wrong, but it could be it up under your bumper on the right side theres this bot air bow under the intake under the fender that part that **** broke off.:chuckles:
Old 08-15-2002, 04:39 PM
RKV

i broke that part too one time, when i hit a manure pile on the side of the road, my stock air box broke, if u also got the 6th generation (98+ accord)very very late at nite, couldnt see anything... well, i would say, get the CAI, for the looks and the little more performance gain, however, depending where u live, does it rain often, and are their huge puddles of water that creep up, i mean the big one's where if u drive through them, they splash the car coming the opposite way... cuz u need to intake alot of water to get water into that engines.. but yea, my friends have had bypass valve, and they've been fine.. i dont have one, and it does rain here a normal amount, and their can be HUGE puddles where i could take in water, but haven't, just drive with a little more caution, dont accelerate when over the water, accelerate alot before going over water, but, if u can avoid them, drive around them, but get the bypass valve if its worth the peace of mind... and btw, u need to clean whatever intake u get.. i dont, which has caused some problems to my car. my friend has a short ram, and i see less performance difference, not that an intake DOES that much, but i can tell, its not as good in performance as the cAI from AEM, cuz i have the cAI, and he has the short ram.