Notices

LED replacement bulbs

Old 08-14-2002, 05:54 PM
fly5150

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LED replacement bulbs

Ok.... so I was lookin garound on the net at replacement bulbs, and i see that they now have 194 bulbs in LED and 1157 and all the other types. I am a fan of Led's, has anyone had good experience with them, and who is a good manufacture of them, i dont want to waste my money on something that will burn out in a few months. Plus I want to try and not have the crazy fast blinking that usually happens with the LED lights.
Thanks
Old 08-14-2002, 06:01 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Default Re: LED replacement bulbs

Originally posted by fly5150
Ok.... so I was lookin garound on the net at replacement bulbs, and i see that they now have 194 bulbs in LED and 1157 and all the other types. I am a fan of Led's, has anyone had good experience with them, and who is a good manufacture of them, i dont want to waste my money on something that will burn out in a few months. Plus I want to try and not have the crazy fast blinking that usually happens with the LED lights.
Thanks
my first experience w/led lights wasn't too good. I got the hyper blinkers(which isn't cool on an otherwise stock car) and they also drained my battery. I couldn't tell you how or why but after putting in my led's, my battery was dead within a week. After putting back the regular bulbs, no more hyper blinkers and battery was fine.
Old 08-14-2002, 06:11 PM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

the 194 corner bulbs are not a problem if changed...

If you put 1157's in the brake lights, your "brake light" idiot light will come on.

You can put them in your turn signals, but you need a variable load flasher to make them flash at the proper speed.

They bright/dim "filaments" tend to not be as noticable as with a regular incandescent bulb... but LED's are rated to last about 100,000 hours... which basically means they should out-last your car.