Notices

Need some info on oem alarm

Old 08-14-2002, 05:43 PM
sHooPuff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some info on oem alarm

I was just curious about it and how good it is. Are there any experts out there?
Old 08-14-2002, 06:12 PM
99AccordCoupe

It works like this: You arm the car and the doors and hood are armed. Anyone who messes with those, gets to hear your horn. It uses the same horn that comes with the car, so to me it's MUCH louder than the cheap alarms that you get from best buy. However, should someone want to break your windows, you're $hit out of luck. Another thing is, someone can pick up your key fob's transmission (honda doesn't circulate the code), so a pro can get your signal and open your door.

The ignition can only be started with the key which has it's own code in it, but once again, a pro can get their hands on a "master key" and be on their way with your car. Not much you can do. If someone really wants your car, they can get it no matter how much security you have.
Old 08-14-2002, 06:39 PM
dantastic
cx power!

Originally posted by 99AccordCoupe
It works like this: You arm the car and the doors and hood are armed. Anyone who messes with those, gets to hear your horn. It uses the same horn that comes with the car, so to me it's MUCH louder than the cheap alarms that you get from best buy. However, should someone want to break your windows, you're $hit out of luck. Another thing is, someone can pick up your key fob's transmission (honda doesn't circulate the code), so a pro can get your signal and open your door.

The ignition can only be started with the key which has it's own code in it, but once again, a pro can get their hands on a "master key" and be on their way with your car. Not much you can do. If someone really wants your car, they can get it no matter how much security you have.
i know the oem alarm on my mom's odessey has a glass breakage sensor/mic
Old 08-15-2002, 09:35 AM
99AccordCoupe

Does it really have a glass sensor? I had no idea they made one on the OEM alarm that came with the car. I know Honda sells an extra alarm with a glass sensor as a dealer accessory, but it doesn't come like that from the factory. Does the glass sensor cover all the windows, or just the driver and passenger side?
Old 08-15-2002, 12:07 PM
sHooPuff

How do accords rank , on the most stolen car list?
Old 08-15-2002, 12:12 PM
smakdown

Originally posted by sHooPuff
How do accords rank , on the most stolen car list?
Heh funny you ask that. Honestly, I think they are number 1. At least I think 5 gens are, don't know about the other gens.
Old 08-15-2002, 12:12 PM
bonestock

accords are at the top of the list... right afta camrys
Old 08-15-2002, 12:16 PM
99AccordCoupe

Accords are No. 1

No. 1 car in america
No. 1 car stolen in america.

We're #1, We're #1!!!!:yay:

Everyone wants our parts, that's why the accord is the number 1 car stolen in America.
Old 08-15-2002, 06:08 PM
Matt86
vtec ownz j00

Originally posted by smakdown

Heh funny you ask that. Honestly, I think they are number 1. At least I think 5 gens are, don't know about the other gens.
nooooooo not my car :wtc:
Old 08-15-2002, 10:51 PM
steveng

my 00 ex doesn't have glass sensor and that's how it got broken into without setting off the alarm. factory alarm sux. any professional thiev can jack ur deck in ur accord in 10 mins.

Quick Reply: Need some info on oem alarm