Notices

Electric door locks not working right

Old 08-29-2004, 08:58 AM
bunick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electric door locks not working right

I have a 95 Accord LX 4dr. The driver side rear door lock won't work at all and the the electric door lock on the drivers door won't work if the door is open. So to lock all the doors when I get out I have to use the remote that I installed and yes we had the problem before i installed the remote. I'm asuming that the rear door lock is most likely toast but the front one has me puzzled. Any help would be great. Thanks!
Old 08-29-2004, 12:09 PM
accordvtec77

nothing wrong with the way the drivers door lock is working. It's only supposed to work when the door is closed, it's how the car will keep you from accidentally lock their keys in the car (somehow some people still manage to do that though...). but as far as the rear, sounds like the actuator has gone bad.
Old 08-29-2004, 12:47 PM
Accord96
Lurker

Originally Posted by bunick
I have a 95 Accord LX 4dr. The driver side rear door lock won't work at all and the the electric door lock on the drivers door won't work if the door is open. So to lock all the doors when I get out I have to use the remote that I installed and yes we had the problem before i installed the remote. I'm asuming that the rear door lock is most likely toast but the front one has me puzzled. Any help would be great. Thanks!

Hmm, as far as the driver's door is concerned, accordvtec77 was right about that. I actually have the same issue with mine (except that it also has a clicking noise when the door tries to lock). So i talked with a service guy at the local honda dealership and he said it was most likely the master switch on the driver's door or in the unlikely event that it wasnt it, it was actuator. He told me that he was 90% sure it was the master switch tho.
Old 08-29-2004, 05:45 PM
bunick

My 97 accord's drivers door lock will lock all doors when I open it. Maybe they changed!