Notices

vibrating?

Old 08-27-2004, 07:31 AM
sleepyx637

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vibrating?

Hi All,

I have a 2000 V6 accord, and I noticed that when I accelerate sometimes, I feel a slight vibration under me. This vibration also happens everytime I go uphill (which i do everyday). The vibrating is more pronounced when I am going uphill. Im not sure it can even be described as a vibration, it is a very constant feeling and feels like im going over tiny bumps. Im only able to feel it because i'm the driver i think and not the whole car shakes. Its like when you're going uphill on a fairly smooth rollercoaster - not the whole car shakes, but you can feel something slightly vibrating under you.

Any idea what may be wrong guys?

Thanks.

P.S. I forgot to mention the the 'vibrating' only occurs when I'm stepping on the gas. But when I let go of the gas, the car's smooth again.
Old 08-27-2004, 07:55 AM
vassil3427

Perhaps you have a bent wheel.
Old 08-27-2004, 08:21 AM
Nightshade
un-Touch'd krew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check your lugnuts and make sure they are tight.

Happened to me and I thought my axle was going bad on me because it had the same symptoms.
Old 08-27-2004, 08:36 AM
bonestock

tires, tire pressure, alignment?
Old 08-27-2004, 08:56 AM
sleepyx637

Hmm, it looks like people seem to think its something wrong with my tires...dunno if this matters, but heres more info. I have 18" rims with Pirelli tires. Tire rotation was done about 1 1/2 weeks ago, so tire pressure should be okay (the symptoms where there before the tire rotation). I think the guy also pulled on the wheels after he put them on so to make sure the lugs were on tight.

Any other possible suggestions? =/
Old 08-27-2004, 10:00 AM
flyromeo3

engine mount?
Going up hill puts more stress on the engine therefore, the engine moves around a bit and if the motor mounts are going you would feel a slight vibration.
Old 08-27-2004, 12:11 PM
dazco

Does it have ABS? If so, maybe it's defective and going off when it shouldn't, because what you described is exactly what you feel when braking and the ABS kicks in.
Old 08-27-2004, 01:16 PM
sleepyx637

hi dazco, thanks for your comment. I think all the newer cars have abs right? i suppose it could be that, but it doesnt feel like the car's braking at all, it just feels like little bumps, not lurching.
Old 08-27-2004, 09:32 PM
dazco

Originally Posted by sleepyx637
hi dazco, thanks for your comment. I think all the newer cars have abs right? i suppose it could be that, but it doesnt feel like the car's braking at all, it just feels like little bumps, not lurching.
Yea, it's hard to say if you'd feel anything even tho theres no braking going on. But who knows. Next time it does it look to see if the ABS light goes on, assuming there is one that is.
Old 08-28-2004, 06:06 AM
vassil3427

Originally Posted by sleepyx637
Hmm, it looks like people seem to think its something wrong with my tires...dunno if this matters, but heres more info. I have 18" rims with Pirelli tires. Tire rotation was done about 1 1/2 weeks ago, so tire pressure should be okay (the symptoms where there before the tire rotation). I think the guy also pulled on the wheels after he put them on so to make sure the lugs were on tight.

Any other possible suggestions? =/
I think this furthers the possibility of a bent wheel, mainly because you just had them rotated and the problem started. See if you can have someone rotate your front wheels to the back temporarily. It's possible one of your rear wheels was bent and then you had them rotated to the front where you feel the vibration.