Notices

2004 Accord LX-G Aftermarket Stereo?

Old 08-22-2004, 09:07 AM
fookaroo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Accord LX-G Aftermarket Stereo?

Went to my local bestbuy today to look for a MP3 deck for my new 04 accord that i am picking up this week and was told that I couldn't put a aftermarket deck in due to the design of the 04's. I was wondering if this was true, and if there is, is there any kit that i could pick up to fit a new deck into the car.
Old 08-22-2004, 11:34 AM
Sonny

Yeah there is a kit, we sell it at circuit city, its for the new accords. theres two options, you can get a pocket that goes under your digital dash or can can special order one tha replaces the whole digital console with an analog one and has a pcoket a little higher, the second one tends to cost about
$50+. So just go in and ask acround. Later.

PS I work in the circuit city roadshop so Ive delt with these already.
here's a pic of the second one:
Old 08-22-2004, 11:44 AM
Intrepid241

if it were me I'd go with the 1st option. The replacement panel looks cheap.
Old 08-22-2004, 01:57 PM
fookaroo

Originally Posted by Sonny
Yeah there is a kit, we sell it at circuit city, its for the new accords. theres two options, you can get a pocket that goes under your digital dash or can can special order one tha replaces the whole digital console with an analog one and has a pcoket a little higher, the second one tends to cost about
$50+. So just go in and ask acround. Later.

PS I work in the circuit city roadshop so Ive delt with these already.
here's a pic of the second one:

Cool thanks for the info, i'll have to drop by a Circut city when i had to the US this fall (I live in Canada).
Old 08-22-2004, 02:54 PM
Archon810

fookaroo: I have looked into the same problem in the past couple of months, and here's what I think you should do. As Sonny has correctly noticed, there are 2 options:
1. Leaving the same stock stereo and adding a new one (gay? u have 2 stereos and u lose the bottom pocket) or
2. Using the Metra kit and replacing the stock one.

What he was wrong about though, is the price of the Metra kit. I have looked everywhere and the cheapest I could find it for was $150, surprizingly at crutchfield. There's no way it would cost around $50.

I have gone with the 2nd option, and I do not regret it. I'll take a picture of how the new stereo looks soon and post it. The new kit's buttons look a little dimmer than the stock but it's totally fine. The sound now sounds 300% better using stock speakers and the new deck (pioneer deh-p7600mp).... and there's no skipping! My stock deck skipped CD-Rs to the point where I wanted to ram my car into a center divider on the freeway. grrrr

The 2nd option is more expensive, but go with it if u got some $$$.
Old 08-22-2004, 03:53 PM
apexivtecaccord
ITZJDM

you can also look at crutchfield.com for some install stuff or talk to that guy that works at CC to see if he would sell/ship you one
Old 08-22-2004, 07:10 PM
Intrepid241

:werd:
Old 08-22-2004, 07:37 PM
Sonny

Originally Posted by Archon810
fookaroo: I have looked into the same problem in the past couple of months, and here's what I think you should do. As Sonny has correctly noticed, there are 2 options:
1. Leaving the same stock stereo and adding a new one (gay? u have 2 stereos and u lose the bottom pocket) or
2. Using the Metra kit and replacing the stock one.

What he was wrong about though, is the price of the Metra kit. I have looked everywhere and the cheapest I could find it for was $150, surprizingly at crutchfield. There's no way it would cost around $50.

I have gone with the 2nd option, and I do not regret it. I'll take a picture of how the new stereo looks soon and post it. The new kit's buttons look a little dimmer than the stock but it's totally fine. The sound now sounds 300% better using stock speakers and the new deck (pioneer deh-p7600mp).... and there's no skipping! My stock deck skipped CD-Rs to the point where I wanted to ram my car into a center divider on the freeway. grrrr

The 2nd option is more expensive, but go with it if u got some $$$.

I'm sorry I was mistaken, the wholesale cost of the kit is around $50-60. The retail is higher. I'm sorry about the confusion.
Old 08-23-2004, 12:02 AM
Archon810

Originally Posted by Sonny
I'm sorry I was mistaken, the wholesale cost of the kit is around $50-60. The retail is higher. I'm sorry about the confusion.
now how would we go about getting one at the wholesale price?