Notices

Help installing short-ram

Old 08-20-2004, 01:58 PM
Generation5spd
'96 Accord EX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help installing short-ram

Alright, I know this is supposed to be really easy, but I'm an ultra-newb. I've got the old intake out (mostly). Now, on the oppposite end of the intake from the filter there are two "nipples" (for lack of a better word). I know one of them connects to the engine in a very obvious place (apparently this is the breather hose), but what about the other one? Its smaller and I can't figure out what it goes to. Also, there was a tube that came out of the original air intake and went down towards this other box (which I think is something called the FIA, is this correct?). So can I take that out completely, because its preventing the new intake from sitting low enough to close the hood. Anything else a super-newb should know? Thanks a lot guys!
Old 08-21-2004, 12:10 PM
jobata23
Got Vtec?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hmm search and u'll find ur answers
Old 08-21-2004, 12:23 PM
strykernyc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes u can take out the box make a hole so u can get more air there. one "nipple" needs to b cover if i remember right. u can do a search i post a pic somewhere here with same intake. can u please sell me ur stock intake. is a 96 accord righ, so thats what i have. let me know prv msg me here or email with price etc... @ stryker95th@yahoo.com thankx