Notices

New shocks to match my Neuspeed Sport Springs

Old 08-20-2004, 01:56 PM
Dr. Reef

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New shocks to match my Neuspeed Sport Springs

Hey all,

My front passenger shock is leaking oil all over and making horrible sounds so I think it is blown.

I had Tokico Illumina's to match my Neuspeed Sport Springs.

I don't need the adjustability features since I never used them. Can I replace them with the HP (Blue's)? Or are these not meant for lowered rides?

My drop is 1.5".

Thanks,
DR
Old 08-20-2004, 07:31 PM
Ben95ex

1.5" should be fine for tokico HPs.

I highly recommend anything made by bilstein, monotube and self-adjusting. HD if you have a 5th gen, get SP model if you have a 4th or 6th gen.
Old 08-20-2004, 10:35 PM
accordhybrid

I would get/ or stay with the Illumina's I had the blues and they are great at first but after a year or so the ride got worse and worse everyday

I have the Illumina's now and I love them best money i have spent
Old 08-21-2004, 07:38 AM
Dr. Reef

I will never use Bilsteins again after the experience I had with them on a previous Ford 5 years ago.

They are great for trucks, but they do not know how to make sport car springs.

My Illumina's were good shocks while they lasted but I've only had them on for 2 years and about 35k miles and one has blown already. That ain't good.

I've thought about getting Koni Yellows put in the front, but I don't trust a local shop to put them in correctly and I will not do this again myself. It was a major PITA the first time!
Old 08-21-2004, 08:49 AM
accordhybrid

Why don't you send it in to Tokico if its blown yhey have a lifetime warranty
Old 08-21-2004, 09:40 AM
Ben95ex

well, i've had bilsteins and neuspeeds on my last two accords and they've both been some of the best handling, best riding cars i've ever been in.
Old 08-21-2004, 02:05 PM
Dr. Reef

Tokico is one year warranty, not life-time. That would be Koni you are thinking of.

I do not doubt that I possibly had some bad Bilsteins. But my experience with them was so unbelievably horrible that I will always be shocked when I hear of people putting them in cars.

Now with trucks, they are the shiznit.
Old 08-21-2004, 02:05 PM
Dr. Reef

I opted to purchase two replacement front Tokico Illuminas. Perhaps these will last a little longer than 2 years.
Old 08-22-2004, 06:07 PM
ming

Originally Posted by Dr. Reef
Tokico is one year warranty, not life-time. That would be Koni you are thinking of.

I do not doubt that I possibly had some bad Bilsteins. But my experience with them was so unbelievably horrible that I will always be shocked when I hear of people putting them in cars.

Now with trucks, they are the shiznit.
1. TOKICO Limited Warranty. TOKICO (USA) Inc. warrants its performance suspension products to the original retail purchaser against defects in material and workmanship and wear-out when used on private passenger cars and light trucks under normal operating conditions for as long as such purchaser owns the vehicle on which it was originally installed, except for electronic components, which are warranted for 1 year from date of purchase.
Old 08-22-2004, 09:42 PM
Ben95ex

Originally Posted by ming
1. TOKICO Limited Warranty. TOKICO (USA) Inc. warrants its performance suspension products to the original retail purchaser against defects in material and workmanship and wear-out when used on private passenger cars and light trucks under normal operating conditions for as long as such purchaser owns the vehicle on which it was originally installed, except for electronic components, which are warranted for 1 year from date of purchase.

"normal operating conditions" being the key. they will not cover a damaged shock due to excessive bottoming out caused by lowering springs.

unless of course you don't tell them that :rick: