Notices

What should be a the lowest price for an 04 4DR. Accord Ex with leather & 6disc chngr

Old 08-18-2004, 09:41 PM
kaliraver69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What should be a the lowest price for an 04 4DR. Accord Ex with leather & 6disc chngr

Whats the lowest price have seen for a 4 door 2004 Accord EX with leather and 6 disc cd changer? Just wondering because my folks are thinking about one but the near by dealer wanted $25,000, Which I think is a rip off.
Old 08-18-2004, 09:55 PM
alpha

auto/manual? v6/4-cyl?

but kbb has a ex-l 4-cyl w/out 6 disc invoice at about 22,300.. adding 6-disc won't add much. plus it's august, getting kindof close to 2005s hitting showroom floors, so you should be able to get a pretty good deal..
Old 08-19-2004, 06:57 AM
dazco

Well, it depends on the dealer. I talked to and emailed at least a dozed dealers and got a 2 door ($200 more than the sedan i believe, plus you didn't say if auto or manual) EX with leather and manual trans for 22k even OUT THE DOOR. Thats the lowest price i've heard os anywhere, and it's about 2k under invoice if you figure it out. (22k minus tax, lic, etc) But remember, i paid cash and got the manual trans coupe. so figure that into the equasion. But even with that i think that quote is WAYYYYYY too high. That car should only list for about $600 more than mine, yet after tax and lic that 25k price would go up to about 27k out the door, or 5k more than i paid !

So point is, they CAN sell them that cheap. But if you go to a dealer and ask for an equally low price chances are they tell you no and give you a long lesson in dealer finances and why that isn't possible. Sales BS ! The trick is to tell them in no uncertain terms what YOU will pay and that all you want is a yes or a no, and that if it's no you will walk, and if it's yes you will buy. You have to take control and let them know that you're the boss, because being the one with the money you ARE the boss. You have them over a barrel.

So considering the price diff between your car and mine, (about $600 more for yours) I think you should be able to get it for as low as 22.6k, but if you use the tactics i described and contact as many dealers as you can, i see no reason why you should under any circumstances have to go above 23k total out the door. By the way, the dealer that finally agreed to my price did so via email ! Oh, and what they have in stock and how in demand that perticular model is will also be a factor in how low they'll go.

But in any case, i cannot stress this enough.......you MUST take control of the conversation when dealing with them and talk to them like you're the boss, almost to the point of rudeness. Otherwise they will think you're a mark and will keep bombarding you with sales tactics instead of saying yes to your desired deal. The way i do it is in a stern voice i'll say something like this.."heres the deal. I want that car at $xxxxx out the door total. All i want you to say is yes or no. Thats my first and final offer, and i don't wanna waste your time, and i surely don't want you to waste mine. Just a yes or no"
Then if they don't give you a simple yes or no, tell them "what did i just say? i just want a yes or no!!" Talk to them like that and you'll either get the deal or not. But the fact is that if they don't accept the deal, they wouldn't have no matter how you talked to them. So doing it this way gets them to tell you right away without all the long time consiming sales game that you'll otherwise have to endure. And also, if you don't do it this way they will often never tell you yes to your deal because they will think they can eventually break you. even if you walk out the door they'll let you go figuring you'll be back to accept THIER offer. If you do it my way they know when you walk out they lost you. So they know that they only have one option...to say YES to your deal. The trick is to do this at as many dealers as you have to till you find the one that will do your deal. Trust me, it works !
Old 08-19-2004, 10:01 AM
scottysak

Look on this site and getting at least invoice price or under is a good deal....2004 clearance season, so prices should be way under sticker price.

http://autos.yahoo.com/newcars/honda..._overview.html
Old 08-19-2004, 05:48 PM
kaliraver69

I forgot to mention this but it was for Auto.
Old 08-22-2004, 04:03 PM
ODUB
Banned

i sell honda's and we're selling 04 EX-V6's that sticker at 26,890 for 24,199...invoice on one of those is right at 24,000....so invoice on an EX-L is probably gonna be around 22,000...so if he's tryin to get 25,000, he's got at least 2500 room too work...actually more because 4 door honda accords have 500 dealer cash on them so he could actually go 500 behind invoice and break even...there's also something called holdback...it's about 500-800 depending on the car, that the dealership holds back on the car so even if they sell it at cost, they still have hold back...so if you took the dealer cash and the hold back, u could actually get that thing for 1000-1300 behind invoice...in summary, the EX-L stickers at about 24,890 or somewhere around there, with hold back, dealer cash, and the markup in the vehicle, he's got about 4000 or so to play with....hit him with that next time u go back...and dont be wow'ed by the 6 disc CD player, those come standard in ALL EX models ever since way back in 01...if u've got any kinda skills at all, u should be able to get that thing for around 22,000 or so...stick it to the man!!! im a salesman now, and although the money's good, the hours suck, so im going into the petro-chem field (which is what i got my degree for) so i'm tellin everybody all the tricks of the trade...when i get ready to buy my V6 6speed coupe next year, whoever sells me my car is gonna hate me...i know exactly what they can/cant do so whoever sells it to me is making $0 off of me, he'll just get a unit...cant wait...anyway, got anymore questions about buying/selling cars, hit me up...holla
Old 08-22-2004, 06:37 PM
99Accolude
heavy cars Rule!

Originally Posted by dazco
i'll say something like this.."heres the deal. I want that car at $xxxxx out the door total. All i want you to say is yes or no. Thats my first and final offer, and i don't wanna waste your time, and i surely don't want you to waste mine. Just a yes or no"
Then if they don't give you a simple yes or no, tell them "what did i just say? i just want a yes or no!!"
LMAO.. If i was to hear someone say that in a dealer ill stop drop and CRACK UP. He's right though. I did something like that for my accord. Not ass blunt or straight to the point but i played his game but turned it around at the end. got me a 99 accord 19k miles for like 10 g's body is like NEW no scratches EX 4 door 5 speed! manual.. Nice!
Old 08-22-2004, 08:47 PM
ODUB
Banned

Dazco is right, that is exactly what im gonna do when i buy my next car...i'm gonna walk in with 5,000 tell them what i'm paying for the car, tell them i want whatever the honda special rate is for 48mo. (it'll be 2.9%) and i'll already know what my note is gonna be cuz im gonna work it up on an F&I computer at work...so imma go in and just tell'em to print it up exactly the way it is on the paper, and if they dont want to do it, i'll drive to another dealership that will...simple.
Old 08-22-2004, 10:15 PM
dazco

I've done it this way with lots of things besides cars. But i did it this way on my last 2 and it works, but only if you're requesting a price thats do-able. Low as hell maybe, but it's gotta be do-able. (IE: breaking even at the very worse for the dealer)

So therefore the key is to be armed with enough information as to what the dealer truly paid and how badly they need to get rid of the car. For example, i knew that my 4 cylinder EXL coupe with a manual tranny is one of the least in demand models. That worked to my advantage. But also determining what price i should offer without the risks of either having no one accept or paying too much. Thats what takes a lot of research. Then the final step is to email as many dealers as you can find within a distance you'd be willing to drive to buy the car.

I had a few dealers that wouldn't believe me when i told them the offer the dealer i finally bought it from accepted. One of them told me to buy it from them, another said to tell him which dealer it is because he'd like to buy a few, (sarcasm obviously) and another told me that theres no way they'll do that deal and that when i arrive they'll have some reason why it's gonna cost more. but i already talked to them and told them in no uncertain terms that if i drive all that way and they don't sell me the car we discussed at the exact price we discussed that i will make a scene in the showroom. 99Accolude, i bet that one would make you bust a gut, eh? But i had to let them know that i absolutly will not tolerate that kind of BS because i learned my lesson a few years ago when a dealer did that exact thing to me. And yes, i did make a scene in front of a few somewhat shocked customers. But thier dishonesty called for it. I drove a long ways to be told the deal they accepted over the phone wasn't gonna happen. Learned a valuable lesson there.

But the point is that dealers have a huge arsenal of sales tactics, many of which are less than ethical. And you have to let them know immediatly that you're wise to all of that and the only way they're gonna sell you a car is on your terms, and that all that is left for them to do is say yes or no to your offer. (and be sure to make that offer CLEAR) And it's gotta be put fouth in plain simple words that may sound sorta harsh, but it's the only way to stop the sales BS dead in it's tracks. They look at every person that walks thru the door as someone who can be talked into a deal on thier terms. So you need to make them realize you aren't one of thier typical "marks" right away. Most customers CAN be worked, so till you let them know you can't, they'll think your the typical mark and the games will commence.