Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

Exhaust temp light on.......anyone?

Old 08-10-2004, 10:21 PM
flatfourfan
VTEC or FLATFOUR?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust temp light on.......anyone?

Hey guys

I had my car re-mapped last week (Mr Turbo EFI) and the car was running great, the bloke who did the mapping for me told me that they car was running WAY rich and that he set it down a bit. The following day I dropped my car off to have the headers and freeflow installed. I got my car back and the guy said that my exhaust temp light keeps on comming on, on my dash display. He said it could be two things, either the lamda sensor is shot, or as he highly suspects, the headers are to be blamed for this. Here's what he said.

Due to the free flow being on, there is less back compression on the head from the freeflow as there was from the stock branch. The flow of the air is better than it used to be and therefore the car is running leaner than it used to which in return is creating more heat. Does this sound right? How can I fix this? Either up the fuel mixture to get rid of the light or can a lambda sensor be adjusted to recognise the leaner mixture that is now going through?

I don't want to burn valves here and I'm going 500km with it this weekend....any ideas???

All of this is in a JDM 92 civic dx with a D15B SOHC VTEC motor swap on an auto tranny