Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

How low should I Go???

Old 08-03-2004, 09:04 PM
Rydn'MyIntegra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How low should I Go???

I just bought a 96 LS integra, and I got the Exel Ennio rims in gunmetal. I wanted to lower the car as low as possible so i got some Neuspeed coilovers that will drop my car up to 3 1/2 inches. But when I went to get the coil overs put on the guy at the shop told me that ill go through tires about every 3 months, if i lower it that much. is there anyway i can "slam" my car with out having to get new tires 4x a year???
Old 08-03-2004, 10:12 PM
j87w

Buy a set of skunk 2 or another brand if you want upper arms for the front so you can adjust the camber in the front. Then for the rear you can put washers behind the bolts for the upper control arm. Its best to take it to an alignment shop to have it done perfect. Then you can lower it that much and your tires will wear just like normal. I wouldnt lower 3 1/2 inches though youll have no suspension travel or very little. So you can bend your rims, and possibly damage your suspension because of bottoming out. Thats my opinion on it though.
Old 08-04-2004, 07:12 AM
versatileperf

dont go that low....on my lude it was about 1.5inches off the ground with the bw2 kit on and i couldnt go anywhere, i would hit turtles in the middle of the road with the bumper.......if i had wanted to lol and camber is a bitch trust me i did the whole tire thing every 3 months and its not very cool