Notices

Noobie

Old 08-03-2004, 10:15 AM
thavngr98

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noobie

Hey all I just bought a 2000 Accord V6 and Love it. For every car I owned I would belong to a message board. I find them to be a great source for information. I look foward to post with you. my first question is I have a tape add on under my CD player does anyone know where I can find a filler pocket for it if I take it out?
Old 08-03-2004, 10:27 AM
wedley2
bboy Wesley West

i think fry's has a kit, like a DIN kit to fill in that space.
Old 08-03-2004, 10:28 AM
axemansean

Originally Posted by thavngr98
Hey all I just bought a 2000 Accord V6 and Love it. For every car I owned I would belong to a message board. I find them to be a great source for information. I look foward to post with you. my first question is I have a tape add on under my CD player does anyone know where I can find a filler pocket for it if I take it out?
Welcome to HAN.

Any automotive audio shop will have it. Or go to Walmart and if you are lucky you'll find a decent one. I got one from Walmart once a while back and it was super crappy.
Old 08-03-2004, 01:54 PM
Generation5spd
'96 Accord EX

Hey welcome to HAN. Funny, I JUST did this last week: I went to the Honda dealer and they wanted $40 for one! Then I went to my an online Honda parts store ( http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...catdisplay.jsp ) and they were only charging $20. This is for a plastic compartment that fills one DIN by the way... Anyway, so I figured for 20 bucks I could do a little experimenting. So what I did is I took my old broken one-DIN CD player that I had removed and gutted it until it was only the frame. Then I coated the inside with some adhesive-backed felt that I bought at a crafts store for 89 cents. Well, so far so good. I don't know how long the felt will hold up, and I may eventually end up spending the $20. It is nice to have the felt instead of plastic though, and it looks good. So good luck on whatever you decide! Oh, and one more thing, if you buy some kind of mounting kit with a pocket beneath (which I was considering, kinda like this one here: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-18e51Km...&avf=Y&search= be aware that these will NOT fit if you are using a stock unit, those are designed only for aftermarket because those are smaller and need a mounting unit.