Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

a few tuning questions for GSR w/ Wet N2O

Old 07-31-2004, 12:46 PM
HOOKSH
HOOKSH SEEEEE YAAAAA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a few tuning questions for GSR w/ Wet N2O

I have a GSR with NX Wet nitrous setup and im wondering what would be good settings both for the cam gears (AEM) AND for the VAFC? Im wondering how far i can lean it out with the AFC without hurting anything, and what cam gear settings would be good for nitrous use. Here is a mod list of related items

B18C1 with USDM ITR pistons, cams, and valvetrain, NX Wet setup, VAFC, AEM short ram, DC sports header, and skunk2 catback. how far can i lean it out? anyone have a good guide for tuning with AFC on Hondas?

I just came to the Honda world from a DSM which is a whole different animal, and im not so familiar with Hondas just yet. Please give me any insight or knowledge you may have that could help me out. Also, what does knock sound like in these cars? My old GST had a knock sensor and a pocketlogger so i didnt need to worry about that shit. Thanks to anyone that can help.
Old 08-01-2004, 06:34 PM
qtiger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your GSR has a knock sensor, but unfortunately I've heard knock can be a bit unpredictable while in VTEC... some cars are noisy, others not. Really you need to datalog for your vehicle and establish a baseline, and then watch for anything out of the ordinary.

As for the nitrous tuning, might actually drop a post in the Integra forum... quite a few nitrous users there. I'd keep it straight up on the cam gears unless a dyno tells you otherwise.