Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

want turbo basics

Old 07-31-2004, 09:49 AM
95acrdcpe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default want turbo basics

i am considering turboing my f22b2 and would like any and all info pertaining to what a basic turbo set would entail...what build up will help the reliability and what are the specs on parts that would allow me to obtain 200 whp at first and gradually move up as i would like to possibly 300 whp, i dont think i would need more than that for my daily driver....my only car at this point

i will ask more questions when i see some information...i have a very basic knowledge of what parts i need and i have heard about timing retardation and fuel management, but not how or how much to do it....i would like to know indepth everything associated with accomplishing the task, even directing me to another place for information woudl be helpful
Old 08-01-2004, 07:13 PM
qtiger

www.howstuffworks.com

Can't stress this enough, knowing how turbocharging works makes everything easier. Second, 200 horsepower is relatively tame and requires little 'beefing' of the engine.

Not to be harsh, but instead of handing you all the info on a silver platter, just hang around a bit, poke through the accord, civic, integra, and prelude forums, and ask little questions instead of "tell me what to do." This might be more time consuming, but if it keeps you from blowing your motor because you just did what someone told you, it'll all be worth it.
Old 08-02-2004, 09:35 AM
95acrdcpe

i would like to be pointed to an informative source is the main thing, i do not want exactly to be told what to do but to know why i must do things as well, and how this affects that and what not...i have been looking for information for a couple of weeks now and most i find is what i have already come across before, or it is way above my head. i also on the average day do not have time to poke around and in the end i would like to do much of the work myself, except the dyno tuning...

i can not find any sites that explain the basics of turboing and the reasons why certain things need to be done specific ways...everything i find just lists parts used and what the outcome was. i can find no specific...i would also like to learn to read things like compression maps(?) and anything else that may have to do with helping decide which parts are what are needed for my goal without having to purchase and upgrade unecessarily...any sites dedicated to such information would be appreciated

and i have looked some and will continue to until i find something that i would like, but just knowing others mistakes and or winning combinations is not all i am after...i would like to understand it a good bit before i start buying anything
Old 08-02-2004, 11:04 AM
raiden571
turning u inside out

http://www.beesandgoats.com/boostfaq/g2icturbo.html
this is the site i always recommend to people whom wish to turbo
Old 08-02-2004, 12:11 PM
95acrdcpe

thanks for the site, thats the kind of info ive been looking for even though i dont drive an integra a lot of their information about parts and types of turbos is general
Old 08-02-2004, 12:14 PM
qtiger

Originally Posted by 95acrdcpe
thanks for the site, thats the kind of info ive been looking for even though i dont drive an integra a lot of their information about parts and types of turbos is general

The only differences you'll run into is the relative strengths and weaknesses of the two engines. In general terms, all Honda four cylinders are very similar.
Old 08-02-2004, 01:35 PM
95acrdcpe

the only thing i have heard and am pretty sure about so far is that the rod bolts are possibly a weak spot on the f22b2 (my engine)...