Notices

Windsheild Wiper Arms

Old 07-30-2004, 11:06 PM
strykernyc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Windsheild Wiper Arms

do u guys recommend me getting new Windsheild Wiper Arms - Right and Left or paint both of them since they starting to look silver when it should b all black. if paint them what and where can i get paint for it? the Windsheild Wiper Arms Right and Left cost $35 new. thank you
Old 07-30-2004, 11:28 PM
randomtask77
Wanderer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Save yourself some money and paint them yourself. Go to you local automotive store like Pepboys or Kragen and pick up some black paint (either trim paint or high temp engine paint).

Remove the wiper arms from the vehicle, then remove the rubber wipers. Sand down the arms (for smoothness and better adhesion of paint), then clean the arms and make sure that they're dust free. Once clean and dry, spray away. Make sure you do several light coats instead of one heavy coat. Once you get the proper coverage, make sure you allow it to dry and reinstall back into the vehicle.
Old 07-31-2004, 08:11 AM
SmutWanter
"Made to Please"

Originally Posted by randomtask77
Save yourself some money and paint them yourself. Go to you local automotive store like Pepboys or Kragen and pick up some black paint (either trim paint or high temp engine paint).

Remove the wiper arms from the vehicle, then remove the rubber wipers. Sand down the arms (for smoothness and better adhesion of paint), then clean the arms and make sure that they're dust free. Once clean and dry, spray away. Make sure you do several light coats instead of one heavy coat. Once you get the proper coverage, make sure you allow it to dry and reinstall back into the vehicle.
:werd: Yeah, just spray paint them with a flat black paint. You don't have to go through that much work though at all. Just remove the wiper refills, and put trash bags underneath the windshield and hood and start spraying. Just dont saturate the wipers witht he paint so it doesnt roll as well as the fact that you won't get an even coat that way either.
Old 07-31-2004, 08:45 AM
jschmid

Originally Posted by SmutWanter
:werd: Yeah, just spray paint them with a flat black paint. You don't have to go through that much work though at all. Just remove the wiper refills, and put trash bags underneath the windshield and hood and start spraying. Just dont saturate the wipers witht he paint so it doesnt roll as well as the fact that you won't get an even coat that way either.
Then spend a couple hours claying the car to remove overspray.

If you are gonna paint them yourself, at least take them off the car, it's not hard. Personally I'd spend $35 for new arms if you want to to look new. Sure, you can get it looking better than it is now by painting, but to get it to look real good you are gonna spend more time than it's worth.
Old 07-31-2004, 11:08 PM
strykernyc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sweet thanks alot guys, i am free all this week so now i know what i will be doing n good weather this week i will take pics
Old 08-01-2004, 02:58 PM
AcuraFanatic

I repsrayed mine last year and they still look good except for a few chips. I might just end up getting new ones soon. h:
Old 08-01-2004, 03:25 PM
wedley2
bboy Wesley West

i would rather buy some new ones off ebay, its double bladed also and you can choose colors.