Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

VFAC enough for low-boost turbo setup?

Old 07-30-2004, 10:12 AM
dresden_k
RIP H22A-CB7 :(

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VFAC enough for low-boost turbo setup?

Hi.

A lot of turbo kits I've seen only come with an Apex'i VFAC. I'm wondering if this unit is sufficent to keep a sub-7psi system running smoothly with my h22a?

At what point do people start using Hondata/Emanage/AEM EMS?
Old 07-30-2004, 08:06 PM
raiden571
turning u inside out

VAFC? thats for tuning vtec. i have never seen a KIT where it includes a vafc tho. alot of people will run an afc hack which is good up to about 15psi. alot of kits come with a VERY shitty FMU which i wouldnt push past 7 psi.
as far as the other fuel management listed, i would go Hondata all the way.
Old 07-30-2004, 09:23 PM
alphaxxn
4500rpm hesitation

VAFC doesnt just control vtec, its for controlling fuel.

It sounds like your thinking of it as a boost controller.. itll be fine for fuel management, although I would always prefer a hondata..
Old 07-30-2004, 10:53 PM
Civic2Scooby

Originally Posted by raiden571
VAFC? thats for tuning vtec. i have never seen a KIT where it includes a vafc tho. alot of people will run an afc hack which is good up to about 15psi. alot of kits come with a VERY shitty FMU which i wouldnt push past 7 psi.
as far as the other fuel management listed, i would go Hondata all the way.
uhh...VAFC is a fuel computer...that also has the added benefit of programable VTEC. VAFC would be fine for a lower boost setup, but as mentioned its fuel table tunability is limited. I would much much much rather have it then a shitty FMU provided by a kit. I would prob put it in the middle...def. not as a good as Hondata..etc....but a great step up from an FMU
Old 07-30-2004, 11:11 PM
raiden571
turning u inside out

sorry about that, im tired. but any way, Hondata is deffinitly a good idea like they said if you have the money and the patience to learn all that comes with tuning your own computer. but personally i would use the afc hack, that is only because i dont plan on running that high of a boost, but that is just me. you may want to alter a lot more then just air/fuel, and with hondata, you can train your car to roll over and do tricks (well, not exactly, but you get my drift)
Old 08-02-2004, 07:32 PM
PHiZ
BOOST GOD

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=841443

-PHiZ